caves by fulbright station

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

caves by fulbright station

Post by Former User #2 »

Anybody been to the caves down by fulbright ? i saw that old thread about it ,but i dont ever see any other people on here anymore..........just curious if it was worth the drive........thanks
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: caves by fulbright station

Post by Sertile »

You mean the ones at Fulbright Spring, by the water treatment plant? I'm not sure if you can get in there or not. It's on plant property, and the last time I tried I was banished by an irate security guard, who hollered something about "homeland security" and 911. :roll:
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

lol. We need to find out. I'd like to go.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: caves by fulbright station

Post by Former User #2 »

Sertile wrote:You mean the ones at Fulbright Spring, by the water treatment plant? I'm not sure if you can get in there or not. It's on plant property, and the last time I tried I was banished by an irate security guard, who hollered something about "homeland security" and 911. :roll:

Yeah thats the same one im talking about...........huh, well that dont sound to promising........really sounded like a neat cave..........maybe theres another way to get to it?..........i havent been down there in a long time ,so i dont remimber what that area looks like
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Former User #1 »

I found a topo at work that depicts a probable cave location (and some pretty cool sinks)... as long as we can find a place to park that won't get us noticed I think we'll be fine. That guy in my office says he's been a few times w/ no problem. He also said last time he went someone was nice enough to throw a tree into the cave entrance that made it easy to climb down. Let's just skip marching across the police shooting range.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: RE: caves by fulbright station

Post by Sertile »

gmrviper wrote:
Sertile wrote:You mean the ones at Fulbright Spring, by the water treatment plant? I'm not sure if you can get in there or not. It's on plant property, and the last time I tried I was banished by an irate security guard, who hollered something about "homeland security" and 911. :roll:

Yeah thats the same one im talking about...........huh, well that dont sound to promising........really sounded like a neat cave..........maybe theres another way to get to it?..........i havent been down there in a long time ,so i dont remimber what that area looks like
Well, I just drove right up to the place in my pickup, which they didn't seem to take to. I'm pretty sure you could get in and out without incident if you just parked away from the site and walked in, assuming you don't waltz right by the guard shack. Just stay out of view of the treatment plant parking lot and you should be alright.

BUT BE WARNED, I have been told that the Fulbright Springs cave is prone to flash-flooding, so enter at your own risk.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

Thanks sertile , i appreciate the advise
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

I'd say alot of caves are prone to that right about now. If not they're gonna be pretty wet.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

well we tried to get into fulbright cave today, but that place is like fort knox!...........why do they need all the security and fence around that place?..........we think we found another way to get there, by goin in through the woods from the side .........i dont get how you guys are gettin in there, has security just heightened in the last few years?
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

There's gotta be some black helicoptery stuff going down at fulbright... that fence is 10ft tall w/ barbed wire at the top. And there's huge new building right at the spring. Also noticed an NFPA placard on the gate that showed that they had chemicals onsite that were oxidizers (reacts w/ air) that rated at the highest danger level for flammability, health, and reactions. Seems a bit overkill for just a pump station.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

That is odd. Maybe its a secret operation? What better a place than springfield to hide a secret operation.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: caves by fulbright station

Post by BROUSER »

I hate to tell you this, but your water is chlorinated to kill all those fun little bugs that would love to infest your lower intestine and make you spend a good portion of your evenings doubled up on the toilet wishing you were dead. Straight chlorine is nasty stuff.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Former User #1 »

I hate to tell you this, but pure chlorine on an NFPA placard would be presented in the following manner:

Health: 4
Flammability: 0
Reactivity: 0
Special: OXY

This is in both the gaseous and liquid phases. It is nasty stuff, though. I'm thinking that they maybe have something nastier on site, though
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: caves by fulbright station

Post by BROUSER »

I also hate to tell you that flouride ranks right up there on the health scale, with a toxicity slightly higer than lead. I'm not sure where the flammability comes in, unless they have a generator and store fuel on site. But the fact that they have nasty chemicals on site I don't find alarming. It's a water treatment plant, after all. You don't just wave a magic wand at Fellows Lake and make it drinkable.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Former User #1 »

Ya, we had the 4 on the health scale covered already on friday. You're right, flouride ranks right up there, too. What I was wondering about is not the Health or Flammability 4, but the Reactivity 4. What does a pump station have that is explosive at normal p and t? Not even firearms would be denoted as a 4.