Underground Hot Springs

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Grue
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Underground Hot Springs

Post by Grue »

There's a rumor that there is an underground area of Hot Springs that has old buildings and even cars. This area was supposedly built over when the street would flood and the current block(s) are 25' or more above the old level.

Does anyone have any information on this? Has anyone been down there?
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Underground Hot Springs

Post by junkman306 »

Sounds interesting.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: Underground Hot Springs

Post by slow_walker »

that would be awesome to see something like that
Grue
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Grue »

Hell ya it would, but without anyone knowing anything its going to take a bit of sleuth work to figure out how to get down there... assuming the rumor is true.
Riggz13
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Riggz13 »

Anyone ever talk to LevyRat anymore? He covered Hot Springs. Maybe he knows something?
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

Ok, There was a show cave in Hot Springs but I can't find any info on it. Not sure where I saw it. Crystal Cave? Closed for years
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

I'v only passed through hot springs. I've always wanted to go down there and visit.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
TooMuchCoffee
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TooMuchCoffee »

I've heard this rumor before. It was supposed to be in the area of the Bath Houses. There is supposed to be a large tunnel suppling the springs hot water to all the Bath Houses. Due to floods and the needs of the houses, the original street was "built up" around 25 feet.
"Anyone else smell that?"
Gatsby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gatsby »

Next time I'm down there I'll do a little digging...metaphorically of course :wink:
I refuse to answer that question on the basis that I don't know the answer.
Grue
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Grue »

TooMuchCoffee wrote:I've heard this rumor before. It was supposed to be in the area of the Bath Houses. There is supposed to be a large tunnel suppling the springs hot water to all the Bath Houses. Due to floods and the needs of the houses, the original street was "built up" around 25 feet.
I did some historical research and found that they did just this. Rumor is the access point is, well let me say in public, right out in the open.
Gatsby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gatsby »

Is it gated? And would you mind providing the general vicinity around that bath houses?
I refuse to answer that question on the basis that I don't know the answer.
Grue
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Grue »

Please check your PMs.
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

arkie 123 wrote:Ok, There was a show cave in Hot Springs but I can't find any info on it. Not sure where I saw it. Crystal Cave? Closed for years

Hey Arkie not to far from it. There is actually a place called Crystal Cave. Sad and disappointing though!! Last summer we were just cruising HS on the bike checking things out. We went down this side street and drove past a building that said Crystal Cave! Yes a cave.... :( no disappointment!!!! It was closed but the owner lived next door. Well, I am not shy so I walked onto the porch knocked and got an answer.

She let us in to check it out. It's man made and is no cave!!! Someone built kind a cave thing in this and put millions of thousands of crystals lining th walls and the cieling it was cool effect but for a caver it was sadly disappointing! I was hoping for dark, wet and muddy!

I have a card laminated from the origional owner that used to run the place and that built it. It has what you used to have to pay to check it out that was kinds cool. I will take a picture of it and put it on here monyana!!
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Forgive the errors still one handing it!
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

Thanks for the info. A fake cave? That's a new one.