Seeking info on wooded hill behind St. Francis Hospital

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
cooldog1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Seeking info on wooded hill behind St. Francis Hospital

Post by cooldog1 »

I am trying to find out any info on the hill behind St. Francis Hospital that had hiking trails, caves, spring and abandoned areas and was a heavily wooded area like around a lake but in the middle of a neighborhood/business area. In the 70's I used to baby sit a little girl that lived in the neighborhood behind St. Francis Hospital and if you went up the hill there were bike paths and a springfed pond and an old abandoned house foundation w/a free standing wind mill. Bluff area and heard there were caves up there but never explored any. You would walk over a rock bridge going up to the house foundation. All the neighborhood kids and parents knew of the place but I never knew what it was called. Tons of people would walk and ride up there. I think they are using some of it for the Senior Citizen housing named Montreau at Warren Woods. Too bad as it was a magical place right in the middle of a residental and business area but when you were there you felt like you were out in the middle of no where. Loved it! Is any of that still up there? I later went up there with my boyfriend and he proposed to me on that old rock bridge in the summer of 1975. I have been by it many times, I think it is off Yale Avenue and on 68th Street that goes by the William Bldg. You go to end of 68th street and it dead ends and goes left. At that dead end, we would park and walk in there. It had tons of walking and exploring you could do. Anyone know what it was called and what became of it? Kinda scared to walk in there now since it says posted keep out. Thanks for any info for sentimental reasons.
betrumka
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Seeking info on wooded hill behind St. Francis Hospital

Post by betrumka »

I know it and I remember all that you are talking about. It was a neat place in the middle of south Tulsa. It is all rather developed now. Montreau is an upscale retirement/nursing home. Laurette is an upscale mental health facility more in the area you are talking about.

There are still a few wide open areas but it doesnt feel anything like it used to. It was a difficult area to develop because it was so hilly and had these ponds around.

You can thank the Warren family from Tulsa because they own and operate St. Francis, Warren Medical Building, Laurette and Montreau... basically the whole square mile!
betrumka
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Seeking info on wooded hill behind St. Francis Hospital

Post by betrumka »

I know it and I remember all that you are talking about. It was a neat placve in the middle of south Tulsa. It is all rather developed now. Montreau is an upscale retirement/nursing home. Laurette is an upscale mental health facility more in the area you are talking about.

There are still a few wide open areas but it doesnt feel anything like it used to. It was a difficult area to develop because it was so hilly and had these ponds around.

You can thank the Warren family from Tulsa because they own and operate St. Francis, Warren Medical Building, Laurette and Montreau... basically the whole square mile!