Jolly cave in/near Monett.

Urban exploration in Missouri
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Jolly cave in/near Monett.

Post by junkman306 »

I'll ask my grandma. If she doesn't know I'll bet she knows some old guys that can tell me more about it.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

The Meador estate mentioned in there is right where the city park is now... I would assume any other entrance would be near by but there's no telling
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Jolly cave in/near Monett.

Post by junkman306 »

White Rabbit wrote:Well, the steel door thing near the park I've actually heard from a few people. I got the impression it's just a steel plate or something, though. I don't know if it's near the park or a ways off or if it really even exists, but I've heard it enough to wonder.
The only place it might be and Brouser probably knows the area i'm talking about, is if you are on the 60 hwy bridge looking south at the chat piles is that wodded area to the east of the park between the park and the old Consumers grocery store and the old Wal-mart building. I've still never heard of a steel door in the city limits that went to a cave.

Here's Jolly Cave.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=36. ... &layer=DRG
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

I'm definitely interested in the cave now too. Here's a GE pic of the topo map that was previously posted. I left the GPS coordinates on it just in case anyone wanted them. I say we get a group together and search the place.
Attachments
Jolly.jpg
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

The only entrance there is blocked by a big steel plate. I think the other entrance is near the mill itself up by Jim Moores house which is the big one on the bluff above the mill. I think it's been concreted up.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Jolly cave in/near Monett.

Post by White Rabbit »

junkman306 wrote:The only entrance there is blocked by a big steel plate.
Jolly Cave or the cave at the park?
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Jolly cave has the steel plate. The cave at the park is full of concrete, topped by 40 tons of rock piles.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: Jolly cave in/near Monett.

Post by GlassCurtain »

did you say it had a lock on the steel plate? I think picking a lock is ok in this case. :)
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

I think it does. I know they used to do some clean up there, but i think it's welded now. Next time I'm out that way i'll look.
stevel51f1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by stevel51f1 »

The cave at Monett park is covered by landfill. Read an article in the Connection magazine ( January 2017)Epic winter. Shows a picture of kids sledding down the man made hill covering the quarry and cave entrance.