Star School Wagoner, OK

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
tulsa1603
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Star School Wagoner, OK

Post by tulsa1603 »

What a great forum.

I remember as a child living in Wagoner, out west of town, just north of (heck, even visible from) SH51, there is an old abandoned school building, and it was called the Star School. I seem to recall it being a 1940's style building. A friend of mine's grandparents lived just down the road, and one day we went inside. I remember there were still books, desks, tables, chairs, and even a curtain on the stage area....but it was all pretty disheveled at the time. Has anyone been there? My last time there was sometime in the mid 80's. I left Wagoner as a child and have never been back.

Here is a link showing it...it's on the road running up from the highway, the first building on the right...looks like it's still there, but i have no idea what condition it would be in now.

http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/imag ... pan&OL=Off
Split
Personality
Personality

RE: Star School Wagoner, OK

Post by Split »

I'm going to Dallas this weekend. On the way back i'll be coming up 69. I might stop and check this out. I looked this place up on google earth and it looks like its off road N4240.
dhill1985
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dhill1985 »

I live in Tulsa, OK and i have been to this school a few times. First i heard it was haunted, so i was interested in the history of the place. I couldn't find any information on the location until i came across this forum. Anyways, there is nothing inside anymore. Graffiti covers some of the walls and the east side of what looks like a cafeteria is knocked down. Do you know any more history of this school? If you want me to send you some pics of the school as it is today just e-mail me at mobileoasis@gmail.com
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

That's too bad that there is nothing inside anymore. I had heard that it was basically gutted, so I have never bothered to go look at it. I would like to see pics of it though.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Ok, went here a little while back. Not much is left of the place. Its basically just walls and a couple of doors. Its been completely cleaned out. And part of the cafeteria has collapsed over time. Here are a few of the pics I took.