Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee.

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
echo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee.

Post by echo »

The more I look at the pics we took of the "cameras" in the trees the more I think that they are just lights. There is a sign on the fence surrounding the place that says the premises is watch by closed circuit video cameras. The gallery is up of our 2 Olive locations although not many. Good luck and let me know if any doors or windows happen to be open when you go.
...I need an IS lens for god's sake
silverstreak
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee.

Post by silverstreak »

Village Du Lac as it is being called has until Sept 07 for the planning of the multiple family housing units being built on the 9.2 acres here. I really hope they don't split the main structure up like they are considering. They would then build several more comparable structures on the site. Nice front gates, and lions though something like that would be great at my driveway! and don't you love the speakers that line the patio wall so you can listen to your Bon Jovi poolside.
nerfdude
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by nerfdude »

hi, new here.

we went out there earlier tonight, and after "finding" a hole in the fence, we made our way to the "mansion"... we found a boarded up, moderately-large home, that does not appear to be very old at all. the road running up to it appeared practically brand new. and once we made our way inside, we found all kinds of construction supplies. there's new drywall everywhere. they're not tearing it down, it's not abandoned. it's being remodeled. there was recent taco bell trash all about the place, and fresh tire tracks running up the road. and one of those rent-a-dumpsters parked out front, and a portapotty around back. if you've ever been inside a house as it's nearing completion, you could imagine what this place looked like. the only thing of interest really was some lame graffiti some kid put up: "hail hiter" (isn't it "heil"?). nothing to see here, folks, move along...
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

its not old at all i was there when the people lived there for no reason at all.... but there were people that lived there not all of that long agoe- they lived very nicley too jags and benzs in the drive way with a private remote controled gate and all - they do have cameras around the house not that anyone is watching them... it could be cool to get into but prolly not a good way in -
nerfdude
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by nerfdude »

it's incredibly easy to get into, but there's nothing of interest. at all.
squabbit
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by squabbit »

That place is not old at all. I grew up around there and remember it being built in the late 80s or early 90s. THe rumor I always heard was that the people who built it won the lottery and then managed their money like drunken sailors. It has been abandoned for probably 10-12 years. It looks cool, but I am sure that upon closer inspection it is just a giant crappy McMansion (albeit remarkably large) that is not worth the trouble.
casiotonenation
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by casiotonenation »

i went to the mansion a couple days ago to check it out. theres definately been work crews there, and the house has been quite stripped down, but i dont believe theyre remodeling it. i checked the creve coeur website, apparently its scheduled to be torn down for 25 new townhomes sometime soon, but it keeps being delayed because of zoning issues and whatnot. the staircases in the home are ... gone. no idea why. i intend to revisit the house in a few days and try to get up to the 3rd floor or even down to the first.

sorry if none of this is news to you guys.
yeahson69
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by yeahson69 »

We just got into there the other day, it looks like they are remodeling because they have removed the stairs and are tearing crap out. It is was really easy to get in, because if you go up to those new apartments, there is a hole in the fence right by the last apartment building. We are planning on going back with a rope ladder so we can get down into the basement.
t7
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by t7 »

There are still plans to redevelop this into commercial property. I don't think it will be demolished as part of the road-building construction that's going on next to it, but I'm not sure. Has anyone been there recently?

I'd always wondered why there would be a 11,000 sqft mansion in the middle of a middle-class suburban area. If it was built in 1989, which records indicate, and is worth ~$1M, then I can believe the story that someone who won the lottery built it and then blew their money.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Never went, based on the reviews of the place posted here. But thanks for the reminder maybe next time I'm in the area...
t7
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by t7 »

Searching property records, I think it's called the "F. M. Wright Estate" but I can't figure out who F. M. Wright is.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

I believe it has been demolished or is about to be. I drove by there the other day and they had the entire area all tore up for whatever road they are putting in. The gates were gone and everything and there was mounds of dirt where the driveway was. I tried to get in there one time, but I forgot to bring a hammer and everything was boarded up tight.
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by the_p0ssum »

F M Wright was probably just the land owner that subdivided the land. Most likely a farmer from back when that area of Chesterfield was all farms.

According the STL County, as of 2011 the property is now owned by C Sedlak Properties LLC. They bought it from J F A Incorporated for $1.2mil. JLW had owned it from 2006 - 2010 and Creve Coeur Country Club owned it from 2002 - 2005. According to MO SOS, Christopher Sedlack is the owner of the current LLC. Oddly, they list the LLC address as 6681 Delmar, which is a Jimmy John's. Whatever....

The MODOT map of the 141 expansion doesn't have it going anywhere near this place. So the road construction shouldn't affect it at all.
phels
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by phels »

the_p0ssum wrote:Oddly, they list the LLC address as 6681 Delmar, which is a Jimmy John's.
HA!!!
VanHammersly
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by VanHammersly »

"Leonard Acres" per the front gate