Hissom Memorial Center

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Hissom Memorial Center

Post by Fiend »

sandpig wrote:oh yeah, about "infiltration expert".
over at abandonedok, I saw that you were able to get inside the Tulsa Club building? If so, it would take an expert. I am an ex police officer and couldn't find a way.
:D Thanks. I had to ninja my way into that place, with out breaking anything mind you. Ive gone back to it in the past and keep noticing that people just bust down the back door to get in. The owner or someone, keeps coming back to repair the door. Thats sad and uncreative, not to mention defacing property as well as "breaking" and entering.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

sandpig wrote:Hello everyone. I am a new user but frequent reader of this thread in particular. I've never registered until now, but the dialogue has finally pulled me out of the darkness.

As a former sand springs police officer, I can tell you first hand what the procedure was when I was with them, almost 3 years ago now, and I am sure it hasn't changed.

I am a younger officer that grew up in the area, and as a high school kid, used to go to old abandoned buildings for fun, so when I was able to patrol the hissom area, I was intrigued. Being a cop, I know now how much could have gone wrong when I was younger. We used to get called out to hissom at least 5 times a week at various times of day and night. Now with the wide use of the internet and several great sites posting numerous accounts of ghosts and the such, the number has skyrocketed. We couldn't go to each call, but we tried to send at least one. However, if it was a boring night, we would all head on out. We have gotten out of our cars on more than one occasion, but come on. Out of the hundreds of times called out to hissom, only 1 time was it necessary for our attention. I will say, that there will always be a police presence in the area for deterring visitors, but the property is private, and you could be slapped with a fine.

I will also say that if you are caught, don't have a weapon of any kind or anything else on you that will get you in trouble, cause you will go to jail.

Also, going alone is great if you feel safe going alone. Realize you are putting yourself at risk when going alone to any location. But if your a big burly 26 year old guy, verses a tiny 16 year old girl, it's clear the right choice to make....

As for the trap doors, many older buildings have these, especially older hospitals. They are tunnels, but not tunnels that can be walked in. They carry vital lines throughout the building with easy access to valves and joints in case of an emergency. Electrical, water, gas, in some cases vacuums and oxygen.
So take that Twisted Nails & ghost buster dude !

Or maybe we really were running from a police car appiritions ... did you ever think of that Fiend?
Oh shit! maybe Sand pig is a ghost that came here to haunt us on the forum... :shock:
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Hissom Memorial Center

Post by psychosaw13 »

Now seriously..... for those who do believe in the unexplained (& I am one of them)

When I got home & reviewed my pics from Hissom I did happen to see some kind of figure in the background of one of my pics.

Somewhere in between the police chase & some of the other bldgs a fellow explorer & I broke off on our own & snapped off a couple pics in another room. My friend was nowhere near me & on the other side of the bldg.

Here is the original pic.

Here is a cropped pic

Judge for yourselves but please dont put us down!

Those who believe in orbs here ya go...

I do not believe these are dust particles, dust paticles dont have glowing halos around them.

Fiend & I bring the evidence ! Nut up or Shut up!
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Hissom Memorial Center

Post by Fiend »

psychosaw13 wrote: Fiend & I bring the evidence ! Nut up or Shut up!
Nuff said
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

sandpig wrote:oh yeah, about "infiltration expert".
over at abandonedok, I saw that you were able to get inside the Tulsa Club building? If so, it would take an expert. I am an ex police officer and couldn't find a way.
Fiend and Psycho, thanks for the pics. Awesome work.

Sandpig, I got to ask you. You being a cop and all, what is this crap about arresting anybody who is carrying a weapon? I'll say that I have counseled people on here and other sites to not carry anything due to the possibility of getting arrested. I still say it is pretty chickenshit of the cops. If y'all can't tell the difference between some dudes out exploring and not hurting anything and somebody who is a dangerous squatter/meth head/whatever, then you probably shouldn't be a cop. I mean no offense by this, but it is true. In the former case, carrying some sort of weapon for defense against the latter is just good sense. Just because y'all can arrest decent folk for something that shouldn't be against the law in the first place, doesn't mean you should. I doubt you would want to be walking around some of these places completely unarmed. Again, no offense intended but maybe something for you to ponder...hopefully.
"That old hag hates my ass."
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

Wow totally freaky you two. Were you able to communicate with the figure? Or the orbs? I bet that figure is keeping all of those poor children captive there. So sad
Exploring the off limits of OKC
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

That figure is the preacher from the second Poltergeist movie! :lol:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
sandpig
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by sandpig »

Good pics guys. And I would have to say soul, that I agree with you. Not everyone with a weapon will be arrested, it's totally a judgment call. But if there is evidence of any thing going on that shouldn't be, it is safer for us to take the person to jail, and then figure out what was going on. Look at it this way. If you are there armed with a camera and a large stick, or maybe a hunting knife, that would generally be ok. But if you have a can of spray paint, a gun, a large knife, a crow bar, or any other tools that would help you cause damage, then you would either be ticketed or taken to jail. It being private property means the owner of the property would have to press charges, but we can still take you to jail.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

sandpig wrote:Good pics guys. And I would have to say soul, that I agree with you. Not everyone with a weapon will be arrested, it's totally a judgment call. But if there is evidence of any thing going on that shouldn't be, it is safer for us to take the person to jail, and then figure out what was going on. Look at it this way. If you are there armed with a camera and a large stick, or maybe a hunting knife, that would generally be ok. But if you have a can of spray paint, a gun, a large knife, a crow bar, or any other tools that would help you cause damage, then you would either be ticketed or taken to jail. It being private property means the owner of the property would have to press charges, but we can still take you to jail.
+1

Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

That sounds a bit better, but I hate to counsel people against taking a gun to some of these places because they are dangerous. You could say that people are looking for trouble, but I can only speak for myself, and I am not. I don't normally carry in a place like that, but it is only because I know lots of cops are out to bust people with a gun. A bust like that can get your CCW revoked permanently. I don't want to see a bunch of carnage with people shooting homeless folks, but I think the stats on CCW pretty much indicate that won't happen anyway. Thanks for the reply.
"That old hag hates my ass."
dsx189
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dsx189 »

Where is this pentagram room everyone talks about? I've been out there twice with people and we've found the morgue but not the pentagram room.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

dsx189 wrote:Where is this pentagram room everyone talks about? I've been out there twice with people and we've found the morgue but not the pentagram room.
Heck if I know. I'm pretty sure the "pentagram room" isnt anything interesting or an actual pentagram room, especially cuz ive never found it. Its probably just some room where someone spray painted a pentagram on the floor or wall and some tween thought it was the coolest thing since Twilight and named it the pentagram room and texted all their friends and the rest is history.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Damn those twat-light loving faggots! Damn them to hell! Real vampires don't shimmer!

TWILIGHT SUCKS! Emo Vampire Song : The Key of Awesome #3

VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by VBJag »

I absolutely love some of the comments in this thread.

Of course I had a super secret way of keeping myself hidden from the Cap'n. I really wasn't creeped out at the end as I was in the beginning. Once when I was outside I thought I hear a child's laughter, but I'm chalking that up to wind. Also in one room that was much like the others, my camera would not focus period.

This place is massive, and of all the places I visited so far this is the coolest. Oh and I bring the evidence.

ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

when you are looking at these pics does any body else ever just try to imagion kids all over the place???? or am i just totaly a freek??? cobcob you do not have to answer this :shock:
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead