Abandoned waterpark in Grandview, MO.

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Abandoned waterpark in Grandview, MO.

Post by ropingk »

Pics???????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
ImAWalkingCorpse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Abandoned waterpark in Grandview, MO.

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse »

I've been meaning to visit this place. I remember going to this when it was active in the 80's.
Baileybrucem
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Abandoned waterpark in Grandview, MO.

Post by Baileybrucem »

I know this is a rather old thread, but I went here about a year ago give or take, and it was definitely an interesting location. I went just after about 6" of snow, so the slides were very cool to walk up and down. The small building to the left of the slides is the pump house, and it was unlocked and had quite a few tires and what appeared to be large wooden spools inside.
The larger one to the right was locked everywhere except for one entrance, and once we got inside there was tons of old machinery. There were some security cameras, but they were really outdated and I struggle to believe that they were actually working. The "front door" of the building had the name of some company, and if I remember correctly it had something to do with boat repair. However, I'm ninety percent certain the company no longer exists, as I called their number(s) and they both went directly to voicemail.
10/10 would recommend. Jut be at least somewhat cautious, as this thing is right off the highway.