Insane Asylum Number 3

Urban exploration in Missouri
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Insane Asylum Number 3

Post by piplnr65656 »

Dose anyone know if any of Insane Asylum Number 3 in nevada is stil there. I know they tore down the kirkbride but what about the rest of the structure. Also dose anyone know where Asylum number 1 and number 2 are?
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

RE: Insane Asylum Number 3

Post by DeeDee »

I dont know. I think there still was last time i was there. But thats been awhile. I know no help sorry.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Re: Insane Asylum Number 3

Post by David Keetz »

http://www.lyndonirwin.com/asylum.htm

says there that they tore it down in '99...which is a HUGE bummer judging by the pictures.
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Ok piplnr65656, I found the info you were wanting to know about on asylums 1 and 2. Asylum 1 is still in existance and is also know (or was always known) as Fulton State Hospital in Fulton, Mo. It is still being in use and appears to be well maintained. Here is a link to it's history:
Fulton State Hospital
Asylum 2, aka St. Joseph State Hospital is no longer in existance. It was at one time in St. Joseph, Mo. In 1994 the state legislature passed a bond to have the whole campus converted into a correctional facility and in 1999 I believe it was torn down. I do know the old hospital no longer exists. There is, however, a Psychiatric Museum there next to the new prison that had actually been in the old hospital since 1967. Here is the link to some brief history and also a discription of the museum. There is also an abandoned cemetary at the site for the patients of the old hospital:
St. Joseph State Hospital
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Insane Asylum Number 3

Post by piplnr65656 »

Willard wrote:Ok piplnr65656, I found the info you were wanting to know about on asylums 1 and 2.
Thank you willard.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

LOL....you know, I kind of wish they still called it the 'State Lunatic Asylum'....that's just funny!
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

Hmmm...My mother rembers there still being part of the state hospital up last time she visted my grandfather. (He lives near it).
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

I think when we were there it was in 2003. Just to let anyone who was wandring when the last time i was there was.
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

David Keetz wrote:http://www.lyndonirwin.com/asylum.htm

says there that they tore it down in '99...which is a HUGE bummer judging by the pictures.
Sorry, if you look at the area where you can get your dead realatives info, it is only the main building that is torn down. :D
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

DeeDee wrote:
David Keetz wrote:http://www.lyndonirwin.com/asylum.htm

Sorry, if you look at the area where you can get your dead realatives info, it is only the main building that is torn down. :D
hm...well....some buildings are better than no buildings..definitely nothing to be sorry about. I may need to make myself a trip up there.
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

My mother said that there is also a tunnel that connects the buildings. She knows this because she played in them as a child.

Ok know a little bragging. My mom told me that my Great Aunt worked there with the pateints. :D
JBSlarti
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JBSlarti »

Most of the original old buildings are still standing at the site of No. 2 in St. Joe – I drove around the parking lot just a few months ago. I’ve visited the Glore Museum a couple times, but it was far cooler when I visited back in the mid-90s when it was still housed in an unrestored patient building. That was some creepy, creepy stuff! The old cemetery – I’ve heard – is all unmarked and back in an overgrown area these days.
fsp
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by fsp »

I used to work next door to #4. #4 is now a prision.