Tunnel Under Central INfo

Urban exploration in Missouri
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Tunnel Under Central INfo

Post by Willard »

Sorry dude, I don't think any of us ever attended school at Central. I don't really know of anyone on this site who has gone to school there come to think of it... :(
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: RE: Tunnel Under Central INfo

Post by Sertile »

Violent Ray wrote:Can Anyone Tell me What door In The PIt i need to go to get under central Ive Heard its In the Pit and In the Janitaers Closet Im really Anxtuios to find it
I don't know dude, but I was only there for like 6 hours and I found it. Just look around. I'm pretty sure I went through a Janitor's closet on the basement/ground level near the lunch room.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Sertile wrote:
Violent Ray wrote:Can Anyone Tell me What door In The PIt i need to go to get under central Ive Heard its In the Pit and In the Janitaers Closet Im really Anxtuios to find it
I don't know dude, but I was only there for like 6 hours and I found it. Just look around. I'm pretty sure I went through a Janitor's closet on the basement/ground level near the lunch room.
That would be the old Cafeteria that used to be on the level below the auditorium...

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Tunnel Under Central INfo

Post by Sertile »

Well, it was still a cafeteria when I was there. I'm aware they remodeled the building, though. As a matter of fact, they were just starting when I was there. I remember finding a door on the second or third floor that opened up onto nothing! It wasn't as potentially deadly as the one in Messiah Mill, but still not something you expect to find in a high school. Central was a pretty cool place back in the day.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Sertile wrote:Well, it was still a cafeteria when I was there. I'm aware they remodeled the building, though. As a matter of fact, they were just starting when I was there. I remember finding a door on the second or third floor that opened up onto nothing! It wasn't as potentially deadly as the one in Messiah Mill, but still not something you expect to find in a high school. Central was a pretty cool place back in the day.
That must have been part of the old walk way that went to the old Music Building that was torn down. I'm not aware of any other doors that open to nothing...

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well, I assume it's since been remedied. I think they actually added more building where the open space was.
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Violent Ray »

Theres a door like that on the 2nd floor near the old building where you can see the bike racks that leads to nothing its weird there was even a sign on it a while back that said" This is a Door that leads to nothing ... You life is more than that dont drink and drive" :shock:
Lions and tigers and Vampire Tunnels Oh My!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Violent Ray wrote:Theres a door like that on the 2nd floor near the old building where you can see the bike racks that leads to nothing its weird there was even a sign on it a while back that said" This is a Door that leads to nothing ... You life is more than that dont drink and drive" :shock:
I live near Central. I used to go to Drury University. I've seen the back side of the old part by the bike racks... there is no door on the second floor of the old part of the school leading to the outside... there was before the new addition was built on but not now. You can even see where the new window is that doesn't match any of the others on the old part and can tell that's where the door and the walkway used to be.

Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

As far as finding the tunnel under the school, it's in where the band and I think choir rooms are now... it's directly below the auditorium.

Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Violent Ray »

Orchastra Room its room 029 or 030 English room in the closet I belive i had that class a few years ago when i was a Freshmen but thats been like 3 years ago
Lions and tigers and Vampire Tunnels Oh My!
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by crowe »

i went to Central.

the "tunnels" when i went there aren't all that impressive. they keep a lot of old paper records down there. for some reason, the seniors in the top 15% of their graduating class were shown the "tunnels" and the attic, and the "phantom" staircase.

there is a way to it through the Pit, but i've long since forgot. if you ask one of the teachers that's been there for a while, nicely, they might let you know. :roll:
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, we hoisted a guy up into the attic but I never got to see it firsthand. My HS had stuff like that too, which I'm sure I've mentioned already, like an old theater and projection booth on the top floor. It was almost like a whole other floor, because you sort of had to climb up through the ceiling to get to parts of it. Remodelling does weird things to a building.