Yet another Dogpatch posting

Urban exploration in Arkansas
silverstreak
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Yet another Dogpatch posting

Post by silverstreak »

On my way through Southern Missouri I decided to pay homage to Dogpatch. Well knowing that I might not get in, and if I did it would be risky, I still felt the need to make the pilgrimage. So I drove to the place, and was immediately taken in by the once famous park. I know so much has been written about this place, and that now not many people get in without a confrontation, and I too joined this group. After about 25 minutes I was confronted by several workers, who told me I was no longer allowed in. No problems, just “stick to the road, and take your pictures there�. “No one is allowed in until she is open again� though they could not/would not tell me what “SHE� was going be, and through the different discussions here I know that work has been going on, and that day it was difficult to dodge the workers, but I managed to lay low, and get a few good pictures, Most of the similar photos everyone else would take while there. But it was great just seeing it firsthand, I can't wait to see the plans for whats next for the old park.
Attachments
kissing rocks.jpg
church.jpg
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: Yet another Dogpatch posting

Post by slow_walker »

Dude, I have never been there either and even though I know I will only be seeing it from the road, I have been chomping at the bit to get a chance to go there. I just have this desire to see it in person, even if only a fleeting glance while I drive by. Maybe I can get that accomplished this month.

Thanks for the pics.
silverstreak
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

RE: Yet another Dogpatch posting

Post by silverstreak »

Exactly my thoughts on the drive down there. I had no clue of the exact directions, but I HAD to go and take a chance. It was well worth it even if it would have been just from the road, you could see the kissing rocks, the r/r tracks, the church, and plenty of other stuff, definately worth the trip.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Yet another Dogpatch posting

Post by Willard »

silverstreak wrote:Exactly my thoughts on the drive down there. I had no clue of the exact directions, but I HAD to go and take a chance. It was well worth it even if it would have been just from the road, you could see the kissing rocks, the r/r tracks, the church, and plenty of other stuff, definately worth the trip.
This has nothing to do with this post but silverstreak, you should either have a picture of Richard Prior dressed as a porter from the movie, or Gene Wilder from the movie, or a picture of the Silverstreak itself for your avitar! That as a great movie! :D
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gravefindr »

Nice pics - thanks for sharing! It has been years since I was there but from what I remember its worth going just for the drive - if you like seeing some lovely countryside and exploring small towns. :D
Split
Personality
Personality

Post by Split »

It would be nice to go for a country drive. Haven't done that in awhile. But with it being 100 degress outside and 3 dollars a gallon for gas, it kinds puts damper on things. I suppose I can wait a few more months.
slow_walker

Re: RE: Yet another Dogpatch posting

Post by slow_walker »

Split wrote:It would be nice to go for a country drive. Haven't done that in awhile. But with it being 100 degress outside and 3 dollars a gallon for gas, it kinds puts damper on things. I suppose I can wait a few more months.
that's exactly what is keeping me from running down there right now