Pictures 5-3-06

Urban exploration in Arkansas
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Pictures 5-3-06

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Yes, we've had quite a few offers. Never hurts to try though :)
greenbush
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Pictures 5-3-06

Post by greenbush »

Wow, I'm glad to see the Washington stone memorial so cleared out. I have a pic of it from around '87 and it's almost completely overgrown.
ITGUYINAR
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ITGUYINAR »

If anyone is interested, here's some pictures a friend of mine took of the place when it was in limbo.

http://www.chuckballphotos.com/images.d ... index.html
ascenath00
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ascenath00 »

Gatsby, I was by the park this weekend...looks GREAT! I'm not sure your pics even do it justice....that is some amazing progress!!! Are you planning to restore the tram?

And BTW...if you should need administrative and/or marketing help during your rebuild and operation (whatever the park becomes)...email me! Love to help, and I definitely have the background and skills. Let's talk!

Also, add me to the list of folks who would be interested in buying one of the structures if that should become an option!

Can't wait to see what it becomes!
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Hey GatsbyfromMC, what are you going to do with the water slide? ... not going to say are you?... any ways i got a suggestion. Restore it take the slide off and make it just a normal view tower, like the senic point right down the road from there.
Last edited by dogpatchexpert on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogpatch Expert
huck19
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by huck19 »

great idea dogpatchexpert i was thinking the same thing.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

That is a great idea Dogpatch Expert. I've had recent trouble getting logged in to the forum, but I've added a gallery of Dogpatch images. Unfortunately many of my pictures were destroyed from a virus, but I managed to save enough for the progress to be seen.

http://gallery.uneekonline.com/images/main.php

Go under Real Estate
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gravefindr »

Great Pictures! Love the shots of the same areas taken both during renovation and now. Those latest pictures really remind me of just how beautiful that place was. So very glad to see it returning to a place of beauty. I haven't noticed the razorback in any of the photos - did it survive? Thanks for sharing Gatsby, it really means a lot to a lot of people. :D :D :D :D
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

the last pictures i seen of it, it did not look very good so i bet it lost :(

maybe gatsby has some good news about it?
Dogpatch Expert
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

I believe I may have a picture of it, there are about 50 more pictures I still have to upload of the Dogpatch property dating back to 2002.

I actually have some photos that I can scan from the years 95 through about 98. I'll have to dig those out :)
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

great work verry much appericated great job
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

I added more photos from June 10th of the Razorback, Waterslide, bridges, etc.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

hey did anyone ever say what the story on the Cave is???? it has to still be there but is it going to open---is it open---
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Last I can remember, it was open. All of the times I've gone through the area I have never been there.
h2oskibumz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by h2oskibumz »

Total Nuke here... but I found this site terribly intriguing...

I'm originally from KC, but my Dad was born in Ralph (yes, Ralph,) AR in the early 40s when his folks ran the little store (if you know Ralph, it is like a store and 4 trailers even today.) Anyway, Ralph is south of Yellville and very close to Rush, and I can remember floating the Buffalo River to Rush and seeing lots of the places in the Rush thread. We would float from the hwy 14 bridge when the river was too low to float from Maumee... My grandad is 90, and lives in West Plains, but in addition to the store in Ralph, he drove a postal route and even ran the ferry on the river at one point (obviously before the bridge existed.) I'll have to tap him for some additional history.

So, why is some knucklehead from KC who's interests are the 8th St tunnel and Rush posting in the DogPatch thread? Well, my only connection is that I remember driving by there as a kid on trips from KC to Yellville, and always wanting to go sometime. My folks always said that there wasn't much to see, that since I'd been to World's of Fun that DP would be a letdown... I always felt a little cheated by that answer, but never actually able to visit DP. Seeing the pics both last year when I first discovered the UO site, and now seeing the cleanup pics from Gatsby are my only connection (aside from the driving by on Hwy 7...

I guess that after 6 months of lurking, I really just wanted to come out of the closet and say "Hello and thanks for the great site and the fantastic pics of these places..."

So.. Great job on the site WR, and thanks to the entire community here for their contributions to the site. Oh, and to Gatsby for the more or less constant pics and updates regarding Dogpatch...
RonW
Columbia, MO