Fassnight Tunnel

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Fassnight Tunnel

Post by Sirius »

Has ANYONE found the end of the Fassnight Tunnel yet? Unfortunately I'm not able to check it out because I'm in the military for now but I'd love to see pix if anyone gets to the end... if there is an end.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Fassnight Tunnel

Post by Willard »

I do know that fastnight creek is covered starting just a little west of Phelps Grove park and then somewhere I think just West of Jefferson Ave. the tunnel ends. As far as how far Fastnight creek goes heading east, I'm not for sure... over east of the Springfield Art Museum at National and Bennett it is coverd over again and that's as far as I know... More infor to follow... though my guess is that it just goes back to wereever the spring starts for it.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Ok, after some quick research, I have found out where Fassnight Creek starts. Weller Ave. dead ending south of Bennett. This is east of National. This is over by Delaware Elem. I do not know if the Fassnight Tunnel that heads east at National ends all the way there, but that is the location of the headwaters of Fassnight Creek.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

If we're talking about the Fassnight drain on my site, it doesn't follow the creek. It goes north up Grant, goes east on Grand, then goes north on Jefferson (I believe). That's as far as we've gotten, which is about a mile. One of these days I might finish it, but it got so tiny and cramped toward the end...
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sirius »

ok thanks. if nobody's done it by the next time i'm back in town i'll do it. hell, i'll probably do it anyway.