Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Pictures at thread "Pictures 5-3-06"
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: DOGPATCH SOLD!!!

Post by slow_walker »

so here's a few qoutes I found from a message board HERE

from Misty B. Sept. of '05"LMAO.......ok this is bad. A lady I know of decided to stop by the parking lot of the Dogpatch grounds last week...she was acosted by a man who claimed to be the "new owner" of the place and said she needed to leave...but on the way out, the Newton Co police stopped her and tried to search her vehicle for " items of destruction" and that her liscence had an APB out on it for trespassing on the place. This whole thing sounds to outrageous to be true, but then this week she gets OFFICIAL " criminal trespassing" tickets in the mail and has a court date to appeal the charges. She didnt even enter the property!
Her word is that they are going to open a hunting/fishing escape thing there on the grounds and that they'll cater to the rich and snobbish.....There ya go. All the fun of Dogpatch and a brown nose to boot."

from 1968 Dpatcher Jan '06 "There is alot of cleaning up and clearing going on, a friend of the family checked in with one of the equipment operators and all he would tell her is wait and see it's a suprise!"

from Debbie on Feb. 18, '06 "Yes it is true there is something going on over at dogpatch. We were in Branson recently were Cornelius Corn Pone is now stored. We were inquiring whether or not it would be for sale. We were told that someone had indeed bought Dogpatch, and were reopening it. That's all the lady would tell us, and that Corn Pone was going to be restored and taken back out to dogpatch. Thats all she would tell us?????"

from Misty B again March 6, '06 "It's not opening back up into a theme park, its going to be a lodge for hunters and fisherman to have a private good ole'time. There's a resort, resteraunts and community center near where the post office is and they are building something else on the grounds. Last I heard they'd cleared most of anything left of the old structures and were renovating bridges, etc. The "Hub" convention center is for bikers I think and they have lots going on there."

and from unknown on March 21, '06 "if u only knew whats really opening, i do. It'll be fun for everyone when its opened up"

as if my anticipation level wasn't high already. These posts did not help at all. :( I can't stand the waiting, I want to know what they are doing. Aaaagggghh.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: DOGPATCH SOLD!!!

Post by Willard »

Wow... that Misty B. person doesn't know jack and shit! lol If she was a member of this site she'd know that the buildings wern't torn down. :lol: She sounds like a total bitch to me!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

yeah, all her posts were pretty hateful.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: DOGPATCH SOLD!!!

Post by Willard »

I'm gonna try to piss her off then! :D
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ascenath00
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ascenath00 »

I was at Dogpatch yesterday...couldn't believe how much had been done. It was absolutely vine covered the last time I drove by. Not the case anymore!

The tram and it's building have not been touched. Still covered with kudzu, and it goes all the way down the mountainside to the park. The windows are out, and you can clearly look inside to the mechanism for the tram. Fascinating!

I did drive into the park, missed the "No Trespassing" sign (oops.....!). Everything was cleared off, there is major cleanup and repair going on, the trout pond is full of water, as is the lake where the boats were. The buildings are all still standing, and all of the roadways and walkways are clear again. You can get a sense of what the park used to look like. There is still original signage throughout, and it appears to have been somewhat cleaned, also.

A guy on a tractor did stop me and tell me that "they" were the new owners of Dogpatch. He said to wait and see what was happening, that it was a surprise. He also said to "watch KOLR10 in the next month or so". Hmmm.....think it might be time to place a call to a friend over there and see what can be discovered!

The Hub and the motel are operating, the ski slope and building have not been cleaned up. Seems that nothing on top of the mountain pertaining to the park has been touched. All the activity is down below. Can't wait to see what is happening!
ascenath00
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ascenath00 »

Oh yeah....FYI, it's "Jubilation T. Cornpone", not Cornelius Cornpone. There's a song about himself that Cornpone sings in the 1959 movie, Li'l Abner...but I can't remember the words! Anyone got a copy of that movie?