Rolla

Urban exploration in Missouri
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Rolla

Post by Mike Jones »

I was riding by a building today and thought it might be worth a try. The building is an old Rolla school building. It look at least 75-100 yrs old. It is located just west of the current Rolla High School. Does anyone have any info on this building. I have always wondered what was inside but never wanted to pull a B & E
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Rolla

Post by Mike Jones »

I believe I said the building was west of the Rolla High school. My directions were a little off. It is located 2 blocks south of the RHS.
dylan_hearts_felching
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dylan_hearts_felching »

I think I know the building you're talking about. My little brother goes to UMR and we have driven by this building before. You should have broken in first and then posted cause now the cops will be looking for you
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

dylan_hearts_felching is your felching what i think it is.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Is it on 6th and Main? That building used to be the RPS Administration building (before then it was either a grade school or the second highschool).

The only other building that I could think of is a structer at 5th and Cedar (6th and Walnut are on the other sides). The only thing about that building is I never got a good look at it to remember what it looked like.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

This is the building that caught fire and the insides were gutted--the plann was to rebuild it and turn it into administration offices not real sure what actuall happened but I am pretty sure this is the building you are talking about
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Rolla

Post by Willard »

ropingk wrote:This is the building that caught fire and the insides were gutted--the plann was to rebuild it and turn it into administration offices not real sure what actuall happened but I am pretty sure this is the building you are talking about
Do you know what the exact location of this building was?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

Sounds like a decent exploration. If anyone has directions or a map post it, please.
Eagle90
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Eagle90 »

Thread resurrection. If you want to see the inside of this old school legally, you can now do so. A couple of dudes from Arizona bought it and remodeled it into a restaurant, styling salon and flower shop. It actually looks really nice inside and they have quite a few photo's of what it looked like as a school. Lots of original woodwork as well.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Rolla

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Yep, I've since eaten there a few times. They disguised the front of it with a big brick wall enclosing a patio. It's called Benton Square now. http://bentonsquare.com/

Now, someone needs to resurrect that vacant big yellow house on the corner.. and what's the deal with the church there, too?
Eagle90
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Eagle90 »

I dunno about the house but the church was bought by the same two Benton Square guys. They are supposedly going to fix it up but they patched some holes and painted and that's about all I've seen them do.