Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
hounddogz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by hounddogz »

Story is about a psychic from Missouri that had twins by Eric Clapton, she served God by finding serial killers, that was told May 23 '07, and Feb 15 '07 she discussed hunting killers in other states, Ark, Ok, and Texas with Greg Szymanski at his Arcticbeacon site of alternative news at libertyradio, online. All witness and media were told to keep thier mouth shut, they made her mad and she started talking. We read alternative media as long as its not racist or communist.
k din
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by k din »

I remember the day after the murders quite well. My best friend and I were out running around as we usually did when we were pulled over by a deputy wanting to know what we were doing? He told us to get out of the area and back to town, Pryor. We didn't know why, but soon found out about the murders.

It was a strange summer after that, everyone was on edge. We weren't really frightened, but is was a bit scarry knowing someone was out there.

A lot of rumors went around at the time and many of them persist even today. Many people do not believe Gene did it, that he was an easy target for Pete Weaver. Gene had not been in hiding, but clearly visible. He was often seen in Tahlequah, Locust Grove, and Salina. Even Pryor on occassion and this was widely known. He visited him mom a lot. He stayed with relatives, it's not as if the authorities didn't know his whereabouts, they did.

Anyway, some say the counselor or one in particular had something to do with it or had knowledge of something before it happened that night.

There is an area not far from the camp known to locals as the powder plant. It has bunkers that were used during ww ii, there were items found in one of the bunkers said to have belonged to Gene. There were items found in other bunkers that were said to have been taken and placed in another bunker by authorities, a set up if you will.

I do not doubt a set up myself. I think a lot of covering up has happened. I think Pete Weaver took to his grave the name(s) of those responsible as well as other people involved.

I lived across the street from a woman who was on the jury of one of genes earlier trials and she said her life and the lives of the other jurors were threatened as were their childrens lives if they did not come up with a guilty verdict. She said they voted guilty on that day not becasue he was guilty, but because they were afraid.

I'm not saying he didn't do anything bad, evidence shows he raped some women, but I do not understand how one man could subdue 3 girls and possibly a 4th one without so much as a scream being heard at 3 am. Seems to me he had help and that someone in that camp ignored what was happening, perhaps purposefully. I thing the camp counselors need further investigating, the answer may lie with them.

Recently I was in the area of the camp. It is an eerie feeling being there, it's as if the spirits are trying to tell you something. I get chills everytime I am in that area. I really think the Cherokees know what they are talking about when it comes to the spirits in the area. I have talked to some who say the truth is there it just hasn't revealed itself because certain entities. I wonder why a ceremony has not been done to bring forth the spirits.

My husband is Cherokee, he is not immersed in the culture, but I know quite a few who are and I believe they know the truth or have the ability to find the truth. There can be a lot of secretive aspects to native american culture and only those worthy are allowed access.

[/b]
lancejsprincess
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lancejsprincess »

Interesting about the jurors. I agree it seems impossible this was done by one man.

Here is a link to a forum also discussing this case:

http://p068.ezboard.com/fgirlscoutmurdersfrm2

There's lots of interesting information posted there

The administrator of the forum, needthetruth, is

investigating the murders and would welcome any

information anyone has. He can be emailed at

needthetruth@gmail.com
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

The reason the state of Oklahoma didn't pursue the investigation after the failed prosecution of Gene LeRoy Hart was that they believed they had the right man, even though the jury wouldn't convict. I've got a documentary about the whole thing on tape, where the lead investigator speaks at length on the subject. Many felt that when Hart died in prison, at least a portion of justice was done. One life can't pay for three though.
"That old hag hates my ass."
k din
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by k din »

I agree the state felt they had the "one" and that is the problem. I do not believe just one could be responsible for that night. I am not convinced Hart is the "one". There were many mistakes made by investigators during the early stages, evidence was compromised, individuals who should have neve been allowed on the scene were. Pete Weaver never considered anyone else, he simply settled on Hart. Perhaps Hart had a part, but investigators should have looked for more individuals involved, they didn't, not really, half baked attempt if that. Just my opinio.
lostkitty101
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lostkitty101 »

if you guys want to get a REALLY close look at the camp, tell the people that you heard about the rent house, they will unlock the gates and let you loose down there. and the rent house is nice if you dont mind living on a camp ground where three young girls were brutally murdered in the middle of the night
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

Quite frankly, I would LOVE to live there. I'm a bit morbid, and extremely fascinated by death, and the afterlife. I'm also an occultist, with a primary focus on spirit communication.

Traumatic scenes are often the most vibrant with energy, so it may be fairly easy to find the truth (although not provable) using various communication methods.
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
PeysMommy2
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by PeysMommy2 »

Does anyone know how to get to Camp Scott? My boyfriends mother lives in Locust Grove and she hasn't a clue how to get there. I'd really like to see what it consist of now.
Becca Raye
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

betrumka wrote:In the foothills of the Ozarks about 40 minutes east of Tulsa take the Locust Grove/Tahlequah exit off of the Cherokee Turnpike. Turn south towards Tahlequah but only go a few humdred yards. Take your first right and then immediately left. Continue forward for about 2miles. If you go to the end of this dirt road you will find yourself in the former hub of Camp Scott.

Elsewhere on this website there is mention of Girl Scout murders. This did happen in Oklahoma in 1977. Camp Scott had been in existence since the 1930's I believe. The day that these mureders happened was the last day the camp was in business. The camp never reopened for obvious reasons.

3 very young girls from Tulsa were murdered in a case that is officially still unsolved. The police thought they had the right man, Gene Leroy Hart, but he was later acquited in a trial.

When you come into the camp area you will see the delpidated mess hall and shower area. There is also a former pavillion/meeting hall. All of these buildings are visible from your car at the end of this road.

The camp is now privately owned. The people who own it are friendly but not that friendly. If you go to look at the former camp go at your own risk. Even though you are only a few miles from a major Oklahoma Turnpike you will be quite aware of the fact that you are in the middle of nowhere. It also becomes apparent how a murder like this could be pulled off because of the remote location.

Claim ignorance if anyone asks what you are doing there. My experience is that they are very nice if you say that you are simply looking for a private campgrounds (that is located about a mile further down off the state highway you turned off of).

Wish I had some pictures to share but I have never snooped around all that much.

Here are a couple of sites to look at:

http://www.osbi.state.ok.us/History/Gir ... urders.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/girlscoutmurders/

http://www.geocities.com/welkerlots/hart.htm
this is the OP its odd to me that you need to ask in the same exact thread.
Kit wrote:I am old
dallas74
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dallas74 »

i went there this evening and im ashamed to say even though the gate was wide open i made it about halfway down the dirt road and turned back, there was just such an eerie feeling on the road and it so unbeleivably thick its hard to see a few feet into the woods, it was very shaded despite being in the middle of the day. i figured since the gate was open someone was in there and i didnt think i wanted to run into them because of the no trespassing signs..if anyone knows who to contact and how in order to get permisiion to go take a look out there that info would be much appreciated....
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by gimpface »

k din wrote:There is an area not far from the camp known to locals as the powder plant. It has bunkers that were used during ww ii, there were items found in one of the bunkers said to have belonged to Gene.
To hell with the girl scout camp, who can tell me more about this gunpowder plant?

edit: nm, not there anymore. Apparently there was also a German POW camp there.
Wikipedia wrote:During World War II, the DuPont Company and the U.S. War Department operated an Ammunition Powder Plant and German Prisoner of War Camp, southeast of the city. The area later became the present-day Mid-America Industrial Park, which is the largest manufacturing park in the state.
Lame.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by Fiend »

gimpface wrote: Lame.
Actually.... I wouldn't believe everything you read.

Then a cabin of Camp Scott, to stay on topic.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Fuck yeah!
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
MATTHEWAK47
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by MATTHEWAK47 »

I will be going to camp Soctt soon to get some pics and try to understand the land better, If any one can help me out on info on how to get into the camp in a safe way please help me out in this matter. :?:
braintech928
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by braintech928 »

in boyscouts we use to cross the river to the girls camp to roam around