Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by Anne »

:D Can't wait to see them!! I've never even seen a picture of the place, just what I imagined while reading the book.
campscottfreak
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by campscottfreak »

He's even bringing pictures of the house where Gene's momma and where he lived for a while! Plus, I gave him the exact place where the murders happened and he took pictures of that too!!! WOO-HOO! :D :D
Okie from Muskogee (not really but it works!)
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by White Rabbit »

campscottfreak wrote:So, no later then next Friday we'll have pic's up of the camp ground!!! :D :D :D
Awesome. Can't wait to see them.
xxdead_soulx
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by xxdead_soulx »

ok guys im home with a few pics. the plants and brush has really grown up around the places that i wanted to take pics at.
but i got a few so my g/f will put them up in a few days... hope you like 'em ..... :)
fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything you stand for, dont belong, dont exist, dont give a shit, dont ever judge me.
campscottfreak
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by campscottfreak »

Alright, I'm downloading the pics on the computer as I'm typing this, so yay!!!
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

Has anyone ever asked the owners of the land for permission to come out there? Do they live there? I have read those links while doing research and it seems odd to me that whoever put together the one (welkerlots or whatever) seems to know an awful lot but I guess that info could come from the book. Apparently, Hart died of a heart attack and the other guy is due to be out in May of 2006...
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Hart died of a heart attack not long after getting sent to jail. He wasnt' convicted for those girls, but another medicine man worked to get justice done to Hart. Just go read "Someone cry for the children" It explains better than I can.
nuskool
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by nuskool »

that sounds kick ass!
kc explorers member
-security gaurds are just speedbumps-
-woogie boogie bitches!
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

A lot of medicine was used throughout this whole thing. Kinda creepy how things ended up after it was used.
campscottfreak
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by campscottfreak »

The owner is an old man that will barely let 3 people live on the land, he keeps it padlock shut. There were never any people that were convicted of the rape or murders. I'm holding the pics right now, but I don't have a scanner anymore to put them on here! I don't know if this true or what, but my boyfriends mom and her husband (who live on the property) were walking around and found a rusty old hatchet thing. (That's supposed to t be the kind of weapon that killed the girls.) But they turned it over to the cops to see if it was anything good!!
betrumka
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by betrumka »

If anyone is looking for a cheap copy of the book Someone Cry for the Children I see one on ebay for only $15. That is the cheapest I have ever seen it.

LINK!
betrumka
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by betrumka »

If anyone is interested in the documentary film about the Camp Scott murders I saw it on ebay as well for $15. I havent seen it in a while but they interview all of the living parents, all of the main investigators, the attorneys, the former Chief of the Cherokee tribe, the counselor who found the bodies and several others.

Here is the link. $15 sounds like a good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

very interesting. thanks for the link.
betrumka
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by betrumka »

yes, if i remember right it was very well done. Probably other than the book it is the only documentation of the case outside of the court records.

I think Im going to buy a copy of the video.
holeeroler
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by holeeroler »

Girl Scout Murders
Case Outline

Date: June 12, 1977
Location: Girl Scout Camp Scott. Kiown Section, located at the western most end of the 410 acre property. This location may have been chosen because of it's remoteness. The closest tent to the crime scene was 75 feet away, the nearest consoler tent was 100 yards away.
The Victims:
Michele Heather Guse Age 9
Doris Denise Milner Age 10
Lori Lee Farmer Age 8

Events Leading Up To The Crime

Strange events were talking place around Camp Scott leading up to the murders.
A man's effigy was found hanging from a tree by it's neck, personal items were disappearing from tents. The most interesting event was the discovery of a note in April, it read "we are on a mission to kill 3 girls in tent 1". The note was considered a prank and never given to police.

The crime

A storm had hit and area around 6pm causing heavy rain. Because of the weather the campers were sent back to their tents.
Approximately 1:30AM moaning was heard near Kiowa. Carla a camp consoler checked out the nosie and described it as a low guttural moaning. It would stop whenever the beam of her flashlight came near.
Carla was standing at the intersection of the trail, 150 yards from tent 8 and a dirt road leading to the main camp.
Approximately 2AM the tent flap of #7 was opened. 3 of the girls inside were sleeping. The 4th girl stated that she noticed a beam of light moving about the interior from outside, with the silhouette of a large figure behind it. The figure moved off toward tent # 8.
Moaning sounds were heard throughout the night. Not just by those in the Kiowa section but in 4 other units of the camp.
Approximately 3AM a girl in the Cherokee section across the woods heard a scream come from the direction of Kiowa about 2 city blocks away. A girl in Quapaw also heard a scream. The scream seemed to be momma. momma.
The girl thought it may have been the voice of Lori Farmer
Approximately 6AM Carla found sleeping bags under a tree near the intersection in a pile.

The Bodies

Doris Milner was found nude from the waist down, her PJ top was pulled up underneath her arms. Her hands had been tied behind her back with duct tape and she had been beaten about the face.
Around her neck a cord and an elastic bandage were visible. A round cylinder shaped object about 4 inches long made of terrycloth was attached to the cord. The elastic bandage had been used as a blindfold, the terrycloth object as a gag.
Michele Heather Guse and Lori Farmer were found inside their sleeping bags. Both bodies had been bound into a tight compact fetal like position.

Evidence

Guse and Farmer's sleeping bags contained bloody bed sheets that had been used by the killer to wipe down the blood found on the wood floor of the tent. Also found a roll of black duct tape and a flashlight the murder had discarded.
Jack Shroff was the owner of a farm 2 miles west of Camp Scott, his house had been broken into some of the items taken were a sash cord, a roll of duct tape, 3 bottles of beer and 3 identical crow bars. The beer bottles were later found empty on the camp grounds.
Outside shroff's door a jungle boot style print was found. It matched other boot prints found near the crime scene.
An other print had been found on the blood soaked floor of tent 8
Boot Print Size 10
Shoe Print(possible tennis shoe) size 7

Cause of Death:

Guse and Farmer were killed inside the tent. Struck by a heavy blunt object in the back of their heads while they slept.
Milner may have been led out of the tent, raped then killed. When found her face had been beaten with such force that the object responsible had left behind its shape. She had died on the trial. Her cause of death was blunt force trauma not strangulation.
At autopsy it was revealed that 2 different types of knots had reportedly been used, head wounds on 2 of the victims indicated 2 different blunt instruments.

Analysis:

Physical evidence left behind at the crime scene and evidence recovered during autopsy indicates that 2 offender's were involved in the crime.
The nature of the crime scene, a mixed scene, all of the equipment necessary to commit the crime was brought along, yet no steps were taken to conceal the crime after it was committed also indicates that 2 offenders were involved.
This crime is one that would have been planned months, possibly years in advance. The killers were good friends, this isn't the kind of thing that you talk about or consider doing with someone you just met.
Because of the remoteness of the crime scene, the offenders knew the area well, they were either avid hunters or lived in the area.
Only one of the girls was the intended target.
The other 2 girls were most likely murders because they could ID the offenders.
The offenders would have left the area immediately after the crime.
One of both of the offender's would have a history of sexual assault, possibly involving children.
This may not have been the first murder for one of both of the offenders.
The crime itself was sloppy and excessively violent.
The victims were all young girls that were surprised in their tent late at night while probably sleeping.
The girls could have been lead out of the tent or tied up and dragged out of the tent, and killed in another location that would have been more difficult to find, therefore concealing their identity. Instead the victims were murdered inside the tent, leaving behind shoe prints and blood.
This level of violence indicates that, these offenders were not new to murder, they had been involved in some type of violent crime previous to this one.
The victims would have been badly beaten and raped.
Possibly even killed, however, while reviewing the evidence in this case, this may have been the offenders first murder.
This was the first step in the escalation of violence.

The Suspect

Gene Leroy Hart was a Cherokee Indian and highschool football hero from Locust Grove. In June of 1966 Hart kidnaped 2 women outside a Tulsa nightclub and left them to die. They were able to escape and notified police.
Hart was sentenced in October 1966 and paroled in March 1969, was arrested again after being caught burglarizing homes. hart was able to escape custody in 1973.

He was tried for the camp Scott murders and found not guilty on March 30, 1979, however he was sent back to prison to sever out his 308 year sentence for his previous crimes.
A local Cherokee medicine man said that if Hart were guilty the great spirit would rise up and strike him down. 2 months later Hart suffered a massive heart attack while jogging in the prison court yard and died.

Hart does fit the profile of the killer, he has a history of violence and sexual assault, however, his victims were adult women.
That would indicate to me that his victim of choice would be adult women. NOT children.
A killer will act out his crime in fantasy for months, sometimes years before acting out the crime in reality. The victim type is already set before the crime is committed, all the killer has to do is find someone out in the world that resembles his fantasy victim.
Hart's previous victims would indicate that his fantasy victim's were adult women.
However, evidence points to the fact that Hart was one of the offenders.
The 2nd offender would be a close friend of Hart's possibly someone he met in prison.