Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by ann_marie »

As I read more last night, they were in tents, but the floors were hard wood. They go into detail of the blood spatter on the floor and the foot print left. Whoever did this tried to clean up the blood on the floor and just made more of a mess then threw the bloody rags in the sleeping bags with the dead girls.

So far the book is pretty damned boring as they go into too much detail about every single law enforcement person that is working on the case. The author (without quotes) records what people are thinking and I don't like that. How would he know what they were thinking? Anyway, I'll keep reading.
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I've been wanting to read this book, my mom has read it but borrowed it from the library when we lived in Oklahoma. It's not at any of the libraries here! There are quite a few Indians out there that still practice the old ways pretty heavily.
About how far is this old camp from Springfield?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by White Rabbit »

Anne wrote:About how far is this old camp from Springfield?
About four or five hours.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Is it something worth driving 4 or 5 to see?
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

I have pictures coming soon hopefully within the next few weeks. I live in a town just near there when im not in school and im trying to get ahold of some pictures.
its only about 3 hours though. Straight down 44 then get off on HWY 69 in Bigcabin, take 69A to I-44 east, then get off in Locust Grove.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i finally got around to reading about this one....
this is one place i have no desire at all to go..........i just got done reading and I feel very sick to my stomache. What happened there is incredibly horrible and sickening to a lugubrious degree.
A reminder of the evil that lives inside of people......
Darklotus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Darklotus »

I live in Locust Grove , I have my entire life. A lot of ppl here think he could not of done this alone. For you ppl to know the sheriff at the time Pete weaver , was rumored to be having an affair with sonny's ex. As for the camp now.

It is not worth seeing anymore . A man that now owns most of the property around Locust has bought it and turned it into a game reserve. And u will be arrested for trying to go in.

However the year after he bought it, he tried to reopen the swimming pool and campsites to the public, in 4 weeks he had 2 customers, and one vandal hung upon the gate a sign that read..."STAY OUT OF CAMP BLOOD"
"THE KILLER STILL WALKS FREE"

As for the House that Gene was captured in well that is a bit af a creepy old shack , partially burnt out now by someone, it still stands in the woods near Welling Oklahoma, this is one of those places time forgot and is worth seeing..

The camp is forever closed. The man that owns it has lots of relatives around here that when he dies will just keep it as it is ..

The pool, main office , counselers building, and 7 of the old tent floors are still there. however Kiowa 8 is gone..
Someone set fire to it after he tried to reopen this thing to the public.

So if u come down here looking to see something be careful people in this town havent forgotten one lil bit. It isnt a topic anyone who is older than 35 will talk to u about, and if they find out what ur up to then be ready for trouble..
They act like something is being hidden there still, or it is a place they wish the world had never known..

I think it is the guilt of a town that helped 3 little girls'
killer forever be unnamed..
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

Hey thanks for the local story, I was there about 2 years with a friend who lives in Cedar Crest who had permission, we just drove about and didnt get out. Is the game reserve still active?
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I used to live out in near Enid, but I guess I was just too young to hear about the murders, however I'm reading Someone Cry for the Children. So far I really am enjoying it, and I remember people being like that in Oklahoma like they describe. Thanks for the local story also, interesting!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

My family lived in Enid until 1988 then we moved to Springfield. My grandma still lives there. I also have cousins and such that live in the area. My dad has a farm just east of Hennessey.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Really? We moved in about '97, but the only family out there is close friends of the family I consider my aunt and uncle, and a couple cousins. I lived about a couple miles from Kremlin also, and went there for school. There's so many little towns out there.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Camp Scott Girl Scout Camp - Murders

Post by White Rabbit »

Darklotus wrote:It is not worth seeing anymore . A man that now owns most of the property around Locust has bought it and turned it into a game reserve. And u will be arrested for trying to go in.
Most of the old buildings are still there, though?
campscottfreak
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by campscottfreak »

Hey, to all you guys interested in the camp Scott murders, there are gonna be picures up soon, hopefully! The place is SO awesome, it really is out in the middle of no-where in the middle of a city! :P I actually know people who live on the camp grounds, and I stayed a few nights out there, it was CREEPY!!! :shock: I refused to go out by myself at night! There are real caves and stuff too, they found Hart in a cave on the camp ground,,,creepy stuff!!!! Most of the buildings are still there, and if the buildings aren't then you can see the foundation and chimanies and stuff! There are trails leading all around the camp grounds, there's a pool, and a mess hall thingy, houses, and a barn, potty's and showers spread out throught-out the place! There's one entrance and one exit (the same!) It's a BEAUTIFUL place though, there's a clear creek, and just gorgous everything! I'm hoping to have pictures just as soon as I can!!!
Okie from Muskogee (not really but it works!)
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Awesome. Can't wait to see.
Darklotus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Darklotus »

Some one is being lied to about camp scott, no one lives on the campground it has a double gate chained and padlocked, I tried to get in yesterday.

It is not in the middle of any city.

There are no chimney,s on anything at the campground,there is the pool, main office a old house just before u get to the pool. and 7 of around 30 of the old tent floors left.

There are a few old outhouses but the only trails are from 4 wheelers the HUNTERS use in the winter,while hunting whitetail deer.

To prove this i am going to take pics of the entry,and the LOCKS and the sign Mr. Rowland who owns the place has put up claiming a game refuge and a phone number to call for deer hunters.

I seriously doubt where ever u stayed was camp scott, sounds like u stayed at camp garland the boy scout camp that is still operative just 2 miles south of camp scott.
By the way, just for anyone wondering, yes i have been there many times before the property was bought by Mr. Rowland, it is just a pool a dirt road one office and some old crappy hardwood floors elevated to keep ticks off campers in the 60s n 70,s it was a nifty place most of the original 410 acres is for cows now.

The actual campsites are closed to public without permission. I asked for permission to go in and take pics,of the old camp stuff and was asked for $100 dollars.For one hour or to "go to hell".
nuff said ........Darklotus