Truman School

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Truman School

Post by OKCEXP »

I know that this place shut down in the early 90's when the okc school board reassigned the districts but thats all I know. This place is in the east side off Ne 8th. right behind an active elementary school. Anyone know anymore than that? ever been inside?
Attachments
schools 003 resize1.jpg
schools 003 resize1.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 5762 times
schools 004 resize1.jpg
schools 004 resize1.jpg (63.01 KiB) Viewed 5762 times
schools 002 resize1.jpg
schools 002 resize1.jpg (73.75 KiB) Viewed 5762 times
schools 001 resize1.jpg
schools 001 resize1.jpg (62.46 KiB) Viewed 5762 times
Exploring the off limits of OKC
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Truman School

Post by whipping_post »

I've been by there a number of times but as the neighborhood isn't the friendliest, I haven't felt the wild urge to do any exploring. It also tends to have a high patrol rate from time to time depending on whether or not the police feel the need to do any major busts.

As for the interior, I'm guessing it'd be quite a lot like NW Classen, US Grant and several other OKC schools of the same era. Sadly, there is little respect for these old buildings and it's best to view old photo's to get a good feel for what it was once like.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

so is us grant still in use? know of any other disused okc schools?
Exploring the off limits of OKC
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Most of them are in use but I think they intend to tear down either NW Classen or Grant and build a new school (that was the plan a couple of years ago). Honestly, most of them have fallen apart and have been shored up by new material and new construction to the point that they're just a hodge podge of construction anymore. I'm sure that once demolition is under way, there will be a ceremony where older alumni will show up (as they did when they demolished the stadium).

It's sad that they're in lower income areas that have high crime rates or else I'd recommend a ue on them. As it is though I don't recommend it due to the high police presence in the areas. If I can remember the police codes for the area, I can post them for police scanners.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.