Ash Grove pics

Urban exploration in Missouri
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Ash Grove pics

Post by GlassCurtain »

Well I've, for some reason, never posted pics of our trip to ash grove for skylite cave. It's been several months. When we got into town there was an electrical crew working at the road to the cave so we decided to drive around until they were finished. Here's what we found in the meantime. Basically a whole town in the trees.
Attachments
plant made up of a huge rock
plant made up of a huge rock
Some kind of plant on the train tracks. There was a lot of crushed rock.
Some kind of plant on the train tracks. There was a lot of crushed rock.
Another building
Another building
Tracks obviously in use
Tracks obviously in use
Close train tracks and bridge
Close train tracks and bridge
broken railing...looks safe enough
broken railing...looks safe enough
Odd Hexagonal tower. Can't figure out what it was used for.
Odd Hexagonal tower. Can't figure out what it was used for.
Old building in the trees
Old building in the trees
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

RE: Ash Grove pics

Post by GlassCurtain »

more pics
Attachments
a loading chute
a loading chute
our little bat from skylite cave.
our little bat from skylite cave.
creepy slave cemetary. notice they used the old school slave shackels as a gate.
creepy slave cemetary. notice they used the old school slave shackels as a gate.
a shot from inside the chimney
a shot from inside the chimney
S4020640_640x480.jpg (5.72 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
A shot of the chimney. My buddy climbed up further. you can see his head poking over on the right.
A shot of the chimney. My buddy climbed up further. you can see his head poking over on the right.
My buddy standing on the archway
My buddy standing on the archway
Split archway
Split archway
a filled in concrete bin
a filled in concrete bin
Last edited by GlassCurtain on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

Karaxtina
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Ash Grove pics

Post by Karaxtina »

Thats awesome!
This isnt the best place to be taking your clothes off...
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

I'm pretty sure that this used to be a lime works, there was a quarry nearby and they had kilns etc. and towers for loading water into the trains there, there's also an old spur line back there somewhere that was used to connect the lime kilns, quarry, water towers and I guess it also joined into the main railway somewhere nearby
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Sertile, WR and I went out there after going to the cave. I got some pics, but unfortunately I may have lost the roll of film. Didn't get to poke around as much, we were pretty tired after caving, and I had on sandals and there was snow on the ground. I'm glad someone got some pics. I'm pretty sure that facility used to be Ash Grove Lime, which also had a facility out by Sequiota Park that just closed.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Ash Grove pics

Post by junkman306 »

Those are pretty cool pics. I had forgotten about the old quarry out there.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

The hexagonal tower I wasn't sure about, but there was a pipe running up to the top, I have just about decided it was a water tower. The water may have been held in a wooden structure up top which would be long gone, or it could even have been a metal tank that was salvaged? I feel pretty confident it was a water tower, though. What else could it have been?
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

cobcob wrote:I'm pretty sure that this used to be a lime works, there was a quarry nearby and they had kilns etc. and towers for loading water into the trains there, there's also an old spur line back there somewhere that was used to connect the lime kilns, quarry, water towers and I guess it also joined into the main railway somewhere nearby
Awesome thanks for the info. So the hexagonal tower was a water tower..I never would have guessed that.

BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

jinx, cobcob you owe me a coke.

http://www.ashgrove.com/pdf/history.pdf

Does the structure on the right side of the picture in slide 2 look vaguely familiar?
Last edited by BROUSER on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
― Ken Ham
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

BROUSER wrote:jinx, cobcob you owe me a coke.

http://www.ashgrove.com/pdf/history.pdf

Does the structure on the right side of the picture look vaguely familiar?
I owe you nothing... at least not until you return the rest of my vintage playboys and explain to me why over half the pages are stuck together?
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair