Old tulsa zoo

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Old tulsa zoo

Post by OKCEXP »

I was doing some reading on the gang activity in tulsa and came across an article that mentioned the old tulsa zoo as their hangout. It said that it is behind the tulsa airport. Anyone know anything about it?
Exploring the off limits of OKC
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Re: Old tulsa zoo

Post by HMndnproud »

Isn't the Tulsa Zoo near the airport? The one that's open and still has animals. Find out some more about this, I am going to the Zoo in a month with my daughters Pre K class.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
OkieMan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Old tulsa zoo

Post by OkieMan »

The zoo is right across the street from the airport. It's been there a long time. I might be wrong, but I think it's the only one Tulsa ever had.
Here's the website... http://www.tulsazoo.com/
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: RE: Old tulsa zoo

Post by FiReDiVeR »

OkieMan wrote:The zoo is right across the street from the airport. It's been there a long time. I might be wrong, but I think it's the only one Tulsa ever had.
Here's the website... http://www.tulsazoo.com/
I would like to agree with okieman because I used to live in Tulsa and the Tulsa Zoo has been in the same place for as long as I can remember I used to go alot, and knew people that were older than me like my mom's age and they talked about going when they were younger to the same one.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

OKCEXP wrote:I was doing some reading on the gang activity in tulsa and came across an article that mentioned the old tulsa zoo as their hangout. It said that it is behind the tulsa airport. Anyone know anything about it?
Do you have a link to the article where you got the information about the gang activity? I would like to research it a little bit and see what I can find because I know that there are tons of awesome places to go and see around Tulsa.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

FiReDiVeR wrote:
OKCEXP wrote:I was doing some reading on the gang activity in tulsa and came across an article that mentioned the old tulsa zoo as their hangout. It said that it is behind the tulsa airport. Anyone know anything about it?
Do you have a link to the article where you got the information about the gang activity? I would like to research it a little bit and see what I can find because I know that there are tons of awesome places to go and see around Tulsa.
That may be true but if there's gang activity there, it might be best to stay away... such as East St. Louis...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

cmon, its oklahoma! hell, its tulsa! not south dallas, or new jersey.
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

You might be surprised. Ask anyone from Little Rock.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

mechfreak57 wrote:cmon, its oklahoma! hell, its tulsa! not south dallas, or new jersey.
Um... yeah you can talk to a friend of mine who grew up near Tulsa...

OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

DarkMarionette
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by DarkMarionette »

That website talks about things that have happened in 2010, 2016, 2020

Why, you have found one of those time traveling websites! Kudos!

Also, those gangs sound sooooooo cheesy. It is like a really bad 80's movie about the future.
2012 - Bioplague kills 1200. By the end of the plague, Over five thousand of the population were wiped out and another twenty-five percent fled to other cities, This threw the city into chaos. The Tulsa Zoo was also abandoned at this time as 85% of its inhabitants were infected and killed by the BioPlague
Looks as though you will have to wait for the zoo to be abandoned. Do you really feel like exploring somewhere a Bioplaque has been?

Silly, silly, silly.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Oh fuck... I totally fell for that one hook, line, and sinker... I had even went to the website but didn't actually read any of the stuff except the part under gangs about The Wild Bunch. Reel me in!

BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I knew there was something funky when the name of the gang was "The Wild Bunch." I just can't seem to imagine any gangstas belonging to anything called a "bunch." C'mon, the only "bunches" around anymore are bunches of bananas. Hee, hee. Bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches. Brady Bunch.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

BROUSER wrote:I knew there was something funky when the name of the gang was "The Wild Bunch." I just can't seem to imagine any gangstas belonging to anything called a "bunch." C'mon, the only "bunches" around anymore are bunches of bananas. Hee, hee. Bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches, bunches. Brady Bunch.
The Brady Bunch... now there's a real gang... don't mess with them man... :lol:

OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

damn i fell for it too