new wonderland cave pics

Urban exploration in Arkansas
the_stuart
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

new wonderland cave pics

Post by the_stuart »

I went up there yesterday after showing some of my friends around the family infested Monte Ne. I would be really easy to get into this place and although it's posted, I don't think anyone would care too much. We took some pictures just inside the busted out window which appears to have been the bathroom. I would really be intrested in accompanying a group that has a few people with more experience in these type of things and also have some equipment like a big lantern or something. We didn't even try to get in since none of us even had a flashlight. It's definately not the kind of thing you'd want to go into on a whim.
Attachments
front doors to the front entrance everyone should already be familair with.
front doors to the front entrance everyone should already be familair with.
small front entrance.JPG (51.06 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
There is a window on the right side of the cave entrance. The room inside was obviously once a bathroom.
There is a window on the right side of the cave entrance. The room inside was obviously once a bathroom.
small bathroom 1.JPG (43.62 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
small bathroom 2.JPG
small bathroom 2.JPG (48.95 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
small bathroom 3.JPG
small bathroom 3.JPG (32.28 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
This would be the inside of the wall that faces towards the road... intresting place to express political views...
This would be the inside of the wall that faces towards the road... intresting place to express political views...
small bathroom 3.JPG (32.28 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
Front of the house
Front of the house
front of house.jpg (58.58 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
Brick work above front door of the house.
Brick work above front door of the house.
small entry.JPG (47.69 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
The house next to the entryway was filled to the ceiling with chairs and table parts, no doubt from inside the nightclub. It was delapatated beyond beleif
The house next to the entryway was filled to the ceiling with chairs and table parts, no doubt from inside the nightclub. It was delapatated beyond beleif
small inside house.JPG (23.86 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
small more chairs.JPG
small more chairs.JPG (57.05 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
small pile of chairs.JPG
small pile of chairs.JPG (52.34 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
Here is the back of the building. You can see how it is connected into the hill side and leads down into a cave.
Here is the back of the building. You can see how it is connected into the hill side and leads down into a cave.
small back of cave.JPG (46.55 KiB) Viewed 11461 times
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: new wonderland cave pics

Post by FiReDiVeR »

How do you get to this place? If we had some pretty decent directions we would go amd check it out.
the_stuart
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: new wonderland cave pics

Post by the_stuart »

It's located at 36.435617,-94.223594. If you type that any into any map website it will give you the exact location.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

I've been in wonderland a couple times with the realtor. We found the underground river too. I'd be interrested in going with a group. Also I have a 15mil candle power spot which is perfect for caving.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
the_stuart
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by the_stuart »

I would love to go, I'm free any weekend!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I still want to own it! Damn I wished I had money... :(
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Dude, I am so old, I can remember actually going out for an occasional drink there. Someone should open it back up as some type of business, it was a pretty cool place.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

So are we planning a road trip, if so I'm in.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

FiReDiVeR wrote:So are we planning a road trip, if so I'm in.
Yeah if you guys plan a road trip let me know. I live close to there so I'll meet up with you guys.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, I would like to see this place.
caver
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by caver »

Is the property still listed with a real estate agent?
Caving impaired,,,too old, too fat, don't care.
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

slow_walker wrote:Dude, I am so old, I can remember actually going out for an occasional drink there. Someone should open it back up as some type of business, it was a pretty cool place.
When I posted this remark, I was unaware that there was another Wonderland Cave thread wandering around the site. So, I had never read it. Now that it's been added to and is towards the top of the forum, I have completely read through all of it.

I noticed that in the other thread it mentions that the place was a bar/club in the thirties. Nowhere did I find anyone saying anything about it being a bar/club in the late 80's/very early 90's. But it was - I promise because that's when I went there a few times.

I just wanted to clarify that so you wouldn't think my line about "being so old I can remember going there" wasn't a reference to the 30's :lol: And as far as Benton county being a dry county, businesses can still acquire a liquor license and sell drinks to members (which usually means paying $5 to get an official "Applebee's" or whatever membership card and then recieiving a $5 discount on your meal - or at least it used to, I haven't been around that area for a while but that is the way they used to do it in the 80's/90's)
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

slow_walker wrote:
slow_walker wrote:Dude, I am so old, I can remember actually going out for an occasional drink there. Someone should open it back up as some type of business, it was a pretty cool place.
When I posted this remark, I was unaware that there was another Wonderland Cave thread wandering around the site. So, I had never read it. Now that it's been added to and is towards the top of the forum, I have completely read through all of it.

I noticed that in the other thread it mentions that the place was a bar/club in the thirties. Nowhere did I find anyone saying anything about it being a bar/club in the late 80's/very early 90's. But it was - I promise because that's when I went there a few times.

I just wanted to clarify that so you wouldn't think my line about "being so old I can remember going there" wasn't a reference to the 30's :lol:
HAHA that's really funny you should mention that because when we were PM'ing each other about that cave I came across your mentioning that you've been to wonderland when it was open. I then was then suddenly stricken with the task of trying to figure out your age. My logic was that, not only were you alive in the 30's to go to wonderland, but you were also of drinking age at the time. :) I though I was going to be exploring a cave with a person who's the contemporary of my grandmother. :) Not that we discriminate against age around here, but I imagine that caving with an 80+ year old would have been rather difficult. :)
Last edited by GlassCurtain on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

GlassCurtain wrote:
HAHA that's really funny you should mention that because when we were PM'ing each other about that cave I came across your mentioning that you've been to wonderland when it was open. I then was then suddenly stricken with the task of trying to figure out your age. My logic was that, not only were you alive in the 30's to go to wonderland, but you were also of drinking age at the time. :) I though I was going to be exploring a cave with a person who's the contemporary of my grandmother. :) Not that we discriminate against age around here, but I imagine that caving with an 80+ year old would have been rather difficult. :)
Well, I am definately glad I clarified it because I don't need anyone thinking I am an 80 year old :D

I am really surprised that nobody else mentioned it being open as a bar in the 80's/90's - surely that information can be found somewhere. I definately was not the only person that went and I went 2 or 3 times in like a 1 year time span, just can't remember what year. Seems like I wasn't quite 21 yet, but all of my friends were and one of the guys I used to hang out with had some connections in NW Arkansas, so I could go anywhere with him. If I am correct in not being quite legal then I probably went in like 1990.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

slow_walker wrote:
GlassCurtain wrote:
Well, I am definately glad I clarified it because I don't need anyone thinking I am an 80 year old :D

I am really surprised that nobody else mentioned it being open as a bar in the 80's/90's - surely that information can be found somewhere. I definately was not the only person that went and I went 2 or 3 times in like a 1 year time span, just can't remember what year. Seems like I wasn't quite 21 yet, but all of my friends were and one of the guys I used to hang out with had some connections in NW Arkansas, so I could go anywhere with him. If I am correct in not being quite legal then I probably went in like 1990.
It's not that bad, lots of people think I'm 80+ years old... just look at my house for proof!

Last edited by Willard on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude