Wheellock Academy

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Wheellock Academy

Post by OKCEXP »

aparantley this was a school for indian girls has anyone ever been there or know how to get there?http://www.preserveok.org/property-wheellock.php
Exploring the off limits of OKC
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Wheellock Academy

Post by idontlikespam »

It is down by a town called Millerton. It's way down in the southeast corner of the state. It was an indian boarding school for girls. It's one of the top 11 most endangered historical places in the country. It is run by a woman named Barbara Grant and there is a full time caretaker that lives there. I was there about two weeks ago and it is a beautiful place. The buildings are mostly locked up because they are dangerous to be in and anyone caught trespassing will be arrested. There is a museum that is open to the public in one of the buildings and there are certain days they give tours.
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

cool would she give any tours of the abandoned buildings?
Exploring the off limits of OKC
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: RE: Wheellock Academy

Post by FiReDiVeR »

idontlikespam wrote:It is down by a town called Millerton. It's way down in the southeast corner of the state. It was an indian boarding school for girls. It's one of the top 11 most endangered historical places in the country. It is run by a woman named Barbara Grant and there is a full time caretaker that lives there. I was there about two weeks ago and it is a beautiful place. The buildings are mostly locked up because they are dangerous to be in and anyone caught trespassing will be arrested. There is a museum that is open to the public in one of the buildings and there are certain days they give tours.
Do you have any pictures that you can post for us to see?
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

Yes, I will send them from my other computer later tonight!
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

I was there about 10 years ago, the door was open for the main building and some mean looking dogs came out and started barking at us. I left quickly, needless to say.