Tulsa tunnels

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Tulsa tunnels

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I used to live in Tulsa and we used to go in tunnels all over the place anyone been in any of the tunnels around there?
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

RE: Tulsa tunnels

Post by gimpface »

Nope... I'm headed near there tomorrow though. Any specific areas worth checking out?
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: Tulsa tunnels

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I don't know of any that are really cool just some of the run-off water tunnels. Some where more than a mile long though.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Think I found a couple of these bad boys...
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I lived in Tulsa for about 5 years and there are countless tunnels all around the city. The reason there are so many tunnels (well over 1000) is beacuase Tulsa has the most advanced drainage system in the world. They actually had architects come from countries all around the world including: Japan, China, France, and of course good ol USA. I know all this because we had to take a Tulsa history class which was actually fun because we went on lots of field trips. We went to an old jail that was vacant, the old old performing arts building, we got to go down to the Arkansas River and see the old railroad bridge, and we also got to tour the "Tulsa Underground" tunnels which were awesome. These tunnels which are downtown were built for the "old money"(the oil drilling companys owners) so that they could travel from building to building without having to be around society which like today had murders, thieves, and kidnappers. The tunnels used only by the wealthy were and still are carpeted, lighted, and have paintings hanging on the walls, it feels like you are walking down a hallway at the White House because they are so nice, clean, and decorated. The tunnels are so neat because you can just go from building to building without ever going outside. Now back to the water tunnels some of them are miles long and some just go underneath 1 street. Some are so tall you can't reach the ceiling others you have to hunch over. My friends(from there) and I went through many of the tunnels but I'd say not even 5% of them. Tulsa would be a good field trip as it always was when I lived there.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Does anyone ever checkout the Oklahoma Forum???
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

I do. Things in Oklahoma are slow and boring.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

It usually is. I've heard about the Tulsa tunnels but haven't had a chance to trek up to Tulsa to find out about them.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

Things in Oklahoma are slow and boring.
You're not looking in the right places :lol:

There are actually a lot of interesting places and things to do in Oklahoma. You just gotta be willing to find them. However, with the new magazine we are putting together, we will have all the odd things to do in one convenient event list.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

That'll be cool! I trust we'll be informed when this occurs?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Has anyone else been to the Tulsa Underground? I would like a copy of the new magazine please.
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

The first issue is due out March 1. I posted about it under OPEN online magazine or something like that. It's about anything not mainstream in Oklahoma and surrounding areas. It will initially come out every two months and it will have an event list. Like the one coming out March 1 will list events through the end of April.
So if you have any events you want to list or stories you want to submit or photos, let me know. If you wanted to do an article on Urban Exploration, that would be cool and we could keep it anonymous if you wanted.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Does anyone even know about Tulsa Underground? They are the tunnels that connect the buildings in downtown, but they are actually like nice windowless hallways.
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

FiReDiVeR wrote:Does anyone even know about Tulsa Underground? They are the tunnels that connect the buildings in downtown, but they are actually like nice windowless hallways.
i just now read and responded to your old post in the other thread gimpface started (in this forum). i hadnt ever heard of those awesome tunnels. id definitely like to check those out