Caves near Hercules Glades?

Urban exploration in Missouri
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Caves near Hercules Glades?

Post by atron »

Does anyone know of any Caves along Long Creek in Hercules Glades area of MarkTwain nat. Forest. My buddy and I are going backpacking there next week and wondering if there are any that anyone knows of. If not does anyone know where to look for karst maps for that area that might include them?
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Re: Caves near Hercules Glades?

Post by darkcloud617 »

i dont know if this sill help at all http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_w ... _hercu.htm
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

RE: Caves near Hercules Glades?

Post by gimpface »

Damn... I was talking to one of my buddies about one somewhere in that area just yesterday... apparently there's a cave undersome weird cliff with a flat rock on top called "devil's Tea Table", located on Devil's Tea Table road somewhere near Protem. Supposed to be interesting, but I've never been there.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Redknight
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Redknight »

Mwahaha the Devil's Tea table, its right across from my Grandfathers farm. It is a column of rock suspended high up beside this cliff, with a rock landbridge leading out to it. The top of the column has a raised flat area hence the "Teatable". Kind of a cool landform, definatly worth seeing if youre in the area. I could give anyone detailed directions if wanted. Its a short ways from Falcon Missouri on Hwy 32.

I actually got my senior photos taken on top of it :lol:.
-Andy
caver
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by caver »

there's a little cave over near Caney picnic area. Look around and you'll find it. Very small.
Just down over the hill from a sign that says something on it like cave?
Caving impaired,,,too old, too fat, don't care.