Guthrie

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Guthrie

Post by whipping_post »

I've been hearing about places in Guthrie to check out that might be haunted, abandonded, etc. Now we all know that most of what we here is hearsy or false, but do any of us Okie's know about any of the places in Guthrie? Just one of those things I'd been wondering about for years but never had anybody to ask.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

I heard that the Territorial Capital is supposed to be haunted. It also seems like I have heard of some train station, or train something, that is haunted. Guthrie is not far from where I live. I passed by there a couple weeks ago and ate at Arby's. :D
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Guthrie

Post by whipping_post »

I had heard, at one time, about some boys home or children's center that was haunted, but you know how rumors are, 9/10ths false, 1/10th truth.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

Where is this boys home/children's center located?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I cannot for the life of me remember where the damn thing was. I'd have to look it up again and see if I can finally remember. Damn silly brain.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

Tsk, tsk, tsk. :mrgreen: I have no clue what the green man stands for, but there ya go.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

Did a Dogpile search, found some info, and a picture. It sure looks scary. Damn we need an Oklahoma extension of the Underground Ozarks.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

There is also the Stone Lion Inn, that is rumored to be haunted.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I think I'd heard about the Stone Lion but the Guthrie Boys Home, which is probably completely trashed by now, would be interesting to view.

I thought this WAS the Oklahoma branch of UO?! :D

Shadowlands has some information about some of the more "haunted" places in Oklahoma, which is where I got the bug to do more exploring again. If you'd be so kind (and I know you are), would you PM me the sites you found?

We also need to get some of our resident spook hunters re-involved here because I'd like to see what else they may have picked up and know about. And the Skirven is STILL on my list of places to visit and picture. I'm such a geek.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

I thought this WAS the Oklahoma branch of UO?!
I mean an active, site exploring, branch. :D
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I think most of the folks here are Missouri and we're just lucky enough to join in! Most anything worth exploring is a bit out of the way, if anything. Most places are too dangerous thanks to some of the people that live near the places. :D

I wouldn't mind hearing from more Okies, but I think most of them are on the other sites dedicated to ghosts.
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

The Stone Lion is definitely haunted.
The Skirvin - I have some cool pictures from the one time I went but really, it's not as exciting as one would think. It got vandalized pretty bad. And it's been bought and is being remodeled.
The Boys Home - last I heard it's been bought and made into a private residence. There's an old hospital there but there is a team of jackass ghost hunters that use it as their "research facility" and they have it all rigged with cameras and crap and it's about as haunted as a fencepost.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Re: RE: Guthrie

Post by whipping_post »

idontlikespam wrote:The Stone Lion is definitely haunted.
The Skirvin - I have some cool pictures from the one time I went but really, it's not as exciting as one would think. It got vandalized pretty bad. And it's been bought and is being remodeled.
The Boys Home - last I heard it's been bought and made into a private residence. There's an old hospital there but there is a team of jackass ghost hunters that use it as their "research facility" and they have it all rigged with cameras and crap and it's about as haunted as a fencepost.
I think the Skirvin would be neat just for the architecture. Yeah, I'm a geek. The Boys Home is what I was thinking of. I'm sorry to hear it's being used but glad as well in a way. It's better than being torn down. The old hospital, well, I think the camera's can be taken care of pretty easily. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it!
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

there's someone at the hospital almost all of the time because they have nothing better to do than sit in there and manifest ghosts from canada. i drove by one time and they followed me - let me rephrase that - STALKED me - and took pictures of me and my family because they were afraid we were going to stop at their stupid hospital. they are idiots.

the skirvin does have some cool architecture.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

See, I love architecture and after seeing a few pictures posted (I think they were yours as a matter of fact), I'm interested in tracking down the people in charge to see what kind of tour I can get. They still give tours now and then, right?