Abandoned prison outside Jefferson City

Urban exploration in Missouri
BRAVHART
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Abandoned prison outside Jefferson City

Post by BRAVHART »

GHL wrote:If I may offer some advice... find a different place to explore. This facility is used on a regular basis by law enforcement - municipal, state, and federal - for close quarters training, low light tactics, active shooter response, etc. It is virutally untouched by outside hands otherwise, and the preference is that it is kept that way.

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but have no problem tipping off the landowners and local agencies I work with if it becomes a problem. If you guys want to arrange a tour, I'd be glad to accommodate you.

If you want a picture, heres one.

Thats me last weekend getting ready for a rappel.

In all seriousness guys, I know there are plenty here who find a thrill in sneaking in and out of a place without the cops catching them. Fair enough. But this is not Johnny Law, Patrol Officer that trains here; these are SWAT and SRT shooters. Suffice it to say you can find safer people to upset.
GHL wrote:
Gimpface, I'll tell you what; I will see about making special arrangements for you to come out and tour the facility while helping out an agency as an OPFOR participant. All you'll need to do is sign a waiver and be yourself.
Wow what a friggan ego! I blur my face because I'm an "operator" yay! Notice he took the time to name every damn thing possible they supposedly train on because hes trying to be cool. Real SHOOTERs dont refer to themselves and others as shooters, unless well they are johnny law types like this guy. We`re all really scared. The police are scary and we dont wanna make them upset Oh please don't threaten to shoot me with sim rounds and being your opfor oh please, You win ocifer. Your not LAPD SWAT nor a shooter or an operator or any other tacticool buzz words. Your not even full time SWAT/SRT so quit trying to be hard. Climb on down from your high horse Captain Blue flame.You could have said what you needed to say without the blue flame outta your ass. I guess they don't teach interpersonal skills anymore. Wow and Geez! This probably isnt the forum for you Sir. Oh yeah Nice helmet :roll:

For everyone else this is a cool site. I would be cautious about what this guy posts. He already said he would fuck us given the opportunity. We kinda need to ignore and or boycott this guy, he stands against everything we do.

Anyway I for one have always wanted to stop by this place on my way to Columbia. It is soo cool that I finally read about someone going in there. Good pics by the way. Keep up the good work venturing into these places. I have been curious about this place for years. Seems like a great backround or location to make a horror movie or something. Unless of course Delta Dan here mall ninjas everyone first. Please post more pictures of this place if possible.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Abandoned prison outside Jefferson City

Post by mindwaave »

Anywho, some more pics of Renz here: http://www.360icon.com/Panoramas/RenzFa ... index.html
I'd like to visit this prison sometime this summer, preferably with the permission of the owner. Anyone else out there interested too?
Preservation over plunder.
misstressousley
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by misstressousley »

GHL i sent you a pm about doing a tour there.
*Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times…if one only remembers to turn on the light.
BRAVHART
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Abandoned prison outside Jefferson City

Post by BRAVHART »

I would love to go if the offer is open to others.. hint hint
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Considering his offer (and last posts) was 7 years ago, I doubt he's still available for tours.

Plus, you can give yourself a tour any time.
crazyflights
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by crazyflights »

Be careful where you walk, I stepped on a stud/nail on roof and it almost went thru my foot :(. If you can find the blood trail that might freak you out!!! Neat place but not all that exciting.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Looks like I can finally cross this one off the list. Grey, SonOfKong and myself just happened to be in the area and couldn't resist checking it out.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Nice. Grats, guys.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Were GHL and his comrades keeping a close watch on the place?
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

That's a negative.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

pics or you werent there
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

This is the only one I got before my crappy camera/phone crashed. This was a spur of the moment thing, and I didn't have a real camera (or real shoes, a light, etc)
Attachments
A view into an open room on level three
A view into an open room on level three
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Hmm, GHL must have just jumped out the window before you took that pic..
SonOfKong
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by SonOfKong »

Fascinating place.

I had my camera and got some pics, but haven't even had time to look at them yet. I will post a few as soon as I get the chance. I am the very busy father of a state gold medalist in Judo and a state silver medalist in Judo. Plus there is another one of these critters in my wife's belly right now.

P.S. Amazing pic from a camera phone.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

We had no problems exploring Renz back in '06. We were able to park in the garage behind the building actually... We did however engage in a brief gun battle with a bunch of hot-shot rambo guys who ened up pissing themselves and running away.