Opinions on 2017?

You can talk about anything here
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Opinions on 2017?

Post by BacktotheFuture4Life »

It was okay... I have fond memories of this summer and being at the lake, but other than that it was kind of a disappointment compared to how good 2016 was for me... What's your opinion on 2017?
Eagle90
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Opinions on 2017?

Post by Eagle90 »

A lot better than 2016 and we'll just leave it at that. :D
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

I decided towards the end of 2016 that I would stop trying to force friendships. I was bored out of my fucking mind when hanging out with my "friends" (really just coworkers the same age as me) because we shared no common interests. I will return to my old mantra of doing my own thing and if other folks want to join, go ahead.

So, I've done a lot of things by myself. Almost everything. But, without having to coordinate schedules with dumbfucks, and pretending to give a shit about their boring lives and lack of experience, and fear of new experiences, I was able to accomplish more than the previous two years.

I made connections, experienced things, made more money, and am in a better place. It was a good year. I hope to make 2018 that much better.
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

crazydrummerdude wrote:I decided towards the end of 2016 that I would stop trying to force friendships. I was bored out of my fucking mind when hanging out with my "friends" (really just coworkers the same age as me) because we shared no common interests. I will return to my old mantra of doing my own thing and if other folks want to join, go ahead.

So, I've done a lot of things by myself. Almost everything. But, without having to coordinate schedules with dumbfucks, and pretending to give a shit about their boring lives and lack of experience, and fear of new experiences, I was able to accomplish more than the previous two years.

I made connections, experienced things, made more money, and am in a better place. It was a good year. I hope to make 2018 that much better.
The same thing happened to me at around the same time. (Late '16 to early '17) I think it really helped make 2017 a better year for me.
Headframe Hunters
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Headframe Hunters »

Got some good work experience, explored some very cool sites, and had a good time of things on the UE side.

Personally, one of my best friends killed herself, our cat got hit by a car, and my fiancee is moving back to Texas for an indeterminate amount of time to take classes. So that sucks.
In loving memory of Nichole - 12/4/1996 -- 12/1/2017

https://headframehunters.blogspot.com/
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Headframe Hunters wrote:Got some good work experience, explored some very cool sites, and had a good time of things on the UE side.

Personally, one of my best friends killed herself, our cat got hit by a car, and my fiancee is moving back to Texas for an indeterminate amount of time to take classes. So that sucks.
D:
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Opinions on 2017?

Post by SubLunar »

I've been working hard to try to make each year better than the last, just doing little things here and there anything to improve my situation. Overall, I had a good 2017.