spanish caves

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: spanish caves

Post by arkie 123 »

Well, There is no gate to worry about at the cave but the police are very active around there. Dinky's is still there. Just looked in Sat. Reed Srpings Jct. It's behind the burned out gas station. Old hwy 160.
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by DigitalNinja »

arkie 123 wrote:Well, There is no gate to worry about at the cave but the police are very active around there. Dinky's is still there. Just looked in Sat. Reed Srpings Jct. It's behind the burned out gas station. Old hwy 160.
Reviving an old thread!

Anyone been by Spanish cave recently? Friend is supposed to bring me by there and was curious what to expect as far as gates etc...
Mystic Waffle
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: spanish caves

Post by Mystic Waffle »

no gates =)
Pirate!
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by DigitalNinja »

wow that place is awesome! wish I knew it was there years ago! I live close too....
honky314
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by honky314 »

could someone give me directions or be interested in taking me and a budy out there
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: RE: spanish caves

Post by Kit »

Former User #2 wrote:yeah this is one of those caves ive always wanted to see , in high school my teacher was gonna go with me , but was afraid we might get shot

the name cracks me up
Kit wrote:I am old
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

I'm prone to ask what "former user #2" and their highschool teacher were planning on doing in said cave... Sounds a little hinky to me!
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by DigitalNinja »

Locked. Gap above is usable. Watched by the neighbor across the street to the north.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

DigitalNinja wrote:Locked. Gap above is usable. Watched by the neighbor across the street to the north.
so old spanish in reed springs is now locked? I didn't know there was a gap above the gate though?...
THE THREAD KILLER!
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by DigitalNinja »

A 6'1" guy who weighs 185 lbs can flip over it. May result in slightly sore shoulder. Not that I would know. Small padlock on the inside.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

anybody been to oldspanish lately?
THE THREAD KILLER!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

This topic was very old, but brought to life again last year. I am bringing it back again, LOL.

First for those wanting to visit the spanish cave, there is a black gate across an entrance. There is a padlock on the gate. Someone has put the padlock on and locked it while the gate was open, so the door opens and shuts. :wink: I hope this answers all the questions about the gate on the property.

Someone mentioned on here about the police presence. I have been to this cave more than once, and each time i have met a cop. There also is a neighbor very close to this property, that has dogs (not on leashes). However, there are ways into the property without using the driveway.

I dont have a good camera (only a camera phone), but i took a picture of a boat on the property, that is full of tires, LOL.
Attachments
Boat that has tires in it.
Boat that has tires in it.
boat.jpg (3.91 KiB) Viewed 9681 times
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

BROUSER wrote:http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17354/17 ... 7354-h.htm

I thought this was interesting, a description of several caves around Galena and otherwheres in Missouri. I couldn't even guess at some of the caves mentioned in this, particularly Knox Cave.
Could Knox Cave be Fantastic Caverns? John Knox discovered the cave.
trap4570
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by trap4570 »

The Spanish cave I know about is a commercial cave off of Hwy. 14 between Ozark and Sparta. I've often wondered why they were named spanish caves. I know that it is claimed a bronze breast plate was found in the one off Hwy. 14, but no one to my knowledge has ever seen it. I've also heard claims that spanish treasure is buried somewhere on Noble Hill just North of Springfield on 13.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

lolabelle wrote:
BROUSER wrote:http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17354/17 ... 7354-h.htm

I thought this was interesting, a description of several caves around Galena and otherwheres in Missouri. I couldn't even guess at some of the caves mentioned in this, particularly Knox Cave.
Could Knox Cave be Fantastic Caverns? John Knox discovered the cave.
From Caves of Missouri I have this quote.
Caves of Missouri wrote:104 Missouri Geological Survey and Water Resources FANTASTIC CAVERNS Owner:
B. F. Krehbiel, Lake of the Ozarks, Camdenton, Missouri Location: E1/2 NE1/4 NW1/4
sec. 33, T. 30 N., R. 22 W., Greene County Shown on Ebenezer Quadrangle map The
entrance to Fantastic Caverns (formerly known as Temple Cave, Percy Cave, and Knox
Cave)
Back to the Spanish Cave though, I get conflicting descriptions of whether it is off of Hwy 160 or Blunk road. Do people call multiple caves down there the Spanish Caves? I also was talking to a mapper of caves in Stone County and he said, "... there are like 70+ caves within 10 miles and east of Galena." It sounds like having cave on your property is a common problem for residents of Galena. :)