spanish caves

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: spanish caves

Post by junkman306 »

I'm game viper whenever you want to go. Where's a good place to park/hide your car?
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Punctual
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by Punctual »

bring cat nip with u
WR holds Burger Record at WF cody's
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Pictures from when I was there. Needless to say I fixed the pictures removing the garbage and enhancing some of the photo's.

[Image

They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Awesome pics. Who's the hot chick in the second pic? :D
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Why thank you for the complement. That would be UO's very own ambosian_spelunker. LOL or as others call me SpeleoCaveCryptic.
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

wow.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Is there still a lawn chair next to the thing in the first picture?
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: RE: spanish caves

piplnr65656 wrote:Is there still a lawn chair next to the thing in the first picture?
I think mine were taken before Sertile went. There was no lawn chair but there was alot of garbage. I cleaned up the writing in my pics that was on the walls. The old wiring is still there (non working of course). There were some steps still there roting and decayed, not safe at all. There was also a large pile of what we thought was bat guano, not looks like someone burned something. It's a big cave and I think it went furthur than what we explored. There's the one picture with the opening and water, I wasn't in the mood to get wet didn't check it out. Would've been a belly crawl and it wasn't exactly warm outside. Not to mention I was on the motorcycle when I went there, it was already a cold ride.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

They are great pics. Now I really want to go!
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Re: RE: spanish caves

Post by KansasCity »

piplnr65656 wrote:Is there still a lawn chair next to the thing in the first picture?
Lets sit and watch it grow!
I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Aka Gringo Loco on KcUrbex.org and UER
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: spanish caves

Post by arkie 123 »

We where out and about today. Thinking about this cave. Found it. Sitting in the SUV thinking about all those signs. Along came the police and moved me right on up the road.
Sidenote. Stopped by Dinkys today. Gawd, It's looking rough.
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

piplnr65656 wrote:
Sertile wrote:Hey, before you go take look at this:

http://www.themessagetree.com/jan2002/spanishcave.jpg

It's the only picture I could find of Old Spanish Cave, but these are the gates you come to en route to the cave. Do they look familiar? Did you have to go down any stairs or cross a footbridge to get there?
Yes that is the gate. About 50 foot from the gate is a big hole in the fence you can drive threw to get around the gate. I never walked across a foot bridge or up any stairs.

You actually walk down some stairs and walk across three huge trees laid out like a foot bridge. You can feel the air get cooler. Once across the logs you go right down the path then you'll climb down a small embankment. You can't miss it! I actually posted some awesome pictures of this on. Hey Sertile give me shout I will get you there easily!!!
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

ambrosian_spelunker wrote:
piplnr65656 wrote:
Sertile wrote:Hey, before you go take look at this:

http://www.themessagetree.com/jan2002/spanishcave.jpg

It's the only picture I could find of Old Spanish Cave, but these are the gates you come to en route to the cave. Do they look familiar? Did you have to go down any stairs or cross a footbridge to get there?
Yes that is the gate. About 50 foot from the gate is a big hole in the fence you can drive threw to get around the gate. I never walked across a foot bridge or up any stairs.

You actually walk down some stairs and walk across three huge trees laid out like a foot bridge. You can feel the air get cooler. Once across the logs you go right down the path then you'll climb down a small embankment. You can't miss it! I actually posted some awesome pictures of this on. Hey Sertile give me shout I will get you there easily!!!
Yes I know, We went there and took some pictures and later posted them. I belive the post is on page 3.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Why do I need to give you a shout? I've been there. What I need is to remember/figure out how to get back to Dinky's before it falls down. I can't figure out Reed Springs anymore since they changed the roads.

Also, all the warnings about this place are true. The owner is an absentee and a prick, the cops patrol the place pretty regularly, and you will receive a trespassing ticket if they spot your car parked anywhere in the neighborhood, so watch yourself out there.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/