caves and any interesting placeslately

Urban exploration in Arkansas
rockhound92
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

caves and any interesting placeslately

Post by rockhound92 »

Has anybody been to any caves and any interesting places lately?

I'm throwing this thread out here to get some activity going.
Sort of like a general discussion board/thread
Boredom is the deadliest poison.
WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR
gnomad1
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: caves and any interesting placeslately

Post by gnomad1 »

I recently checked out the old train tunnel by Eureka Springs. It was cool just not a whole lot to it.

Been to Zero Mountain a couple of times recently. Still trying to find the underground lake that I've heard about but can't seem to find it.

Hopefully going to explore Whippoorwill Cave soon. That is the one I'm most excited about. I've been diving into the forums pretty deep trying to find every possible shred of info about it and I think I've got the entrance to it found.
rockhound92
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by rockhound92 »

I've been thinking about getting into Zero Mountain. I'm not sure if it's posted or not and if anyone watches the place.

also, my brother lives 5 mins from beaver lake. When I get the time I'm going to check out Mount Ne.

Also getting ready to head out to diamond cave soon when my buddy moves back into town.
WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR
gnomad1
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by gnomad1 »

I've heard 0-mtn is patrolled but I've never seen anyone there.

Monte Ne is cool but the water needs to be pretty low to see the amphitheater and other cool things.

Definitely share the details from the Diamond Cave trip. I've heard about it but never got around to getting to it.
rockhound92
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by rockhound92 »

I'll fill you in with details of the cave. I plan on going in a couple of weeks with a buddy. Gonna try and post a lot of pics. I've heard in this forum it was pretty big and it couldn't be fully explored in a couple of hours. Also ran into a guy who explored it when he was a boy scout and pretty much said the same thing.
WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR
hogtexan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: caves and any interesting placeslately

Post by hogtexan »

Re. Zero Mountain, Johnson Ark. I attended the U of A in Fayetteville, Ark. during the 60's. My fraternity use to hold "liquid refreshment parties" with sororities in the caverns at Johnson, Ark. just north of Fayetteville. Now it appears it's been turned into a cold facility. It was "really hot" back in those days!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mildew
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: caves and any interesting placeslately

Post by Mildew »

I'm looking for cool spots to check out via motorcycle. I can't haul much gear like flashlights and water. Looking more for things like Monte Ne or natural features.
I'm in Springfield. For a day trip Clarkesville is about as far south as I can go and that's doesn't give me much time. Prefer to find spots around the Buffalo River.
Walked to Hawk's Bill Crag last Saturday. Wasn't fun with no water wearing hot motorcycle pants.

If you know any spring's, bluffs, old mills, bridges in the area lemme know.