New to this group, is anyone still active?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

New to this group, is anyone still active?

Post by adventure418 »

I'm new to the Springfield area as well as this group. I grew up in northern Missouri and LOVE exploring. I've tried my best to find directions to places around here including The Albino Farm, The Branson Mansions, and Celebration City. I also recently explored the caves in Ritter Springs park. Does anyone have information on other caves or possible adventures? Thanks!

Edit: Searching the forums I found a few posts about Cave CD's? Does anyone own one? If these are actually helpful I would have no problem purchasing one.
Smokehouse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: New to this group, is anyone still active?

Post by Smokehouse »

adventure418 wrote:I'm new to the Springfield area as well as this group. I grew up in northern Missouri and LOVE exploring. I've tried my best to find directions to places around here including The Albino Farm, The Branson Mansions, and Celebration City. I also recently explored the caves in Ritter Springs park. Does anyone have information on other caves or possible adventures? Thanks!

Edit: Searching the forums I found a few posts about Cave CD's? Does anyone own one? If these are actually helpful I would have no problem purchasing one.

I seem to be one of the last few people here that still actually goes exploring, most of the older guys have lives now :lol:
I am the liquor Randy
gnomad1
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: New to this group, is anyone still active?

Post by gnomad1 »

Definitely still active but not so much in the Springfield area. My home territory is in the Northwest Arkansas area.

I do have the cave map that covers the SW Mo region. Send me a PM if you want to trade some coords.
DeathByMoths
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by DeathByMoths »

I used to be a pretty active member around here, I recently made a new account, for reasons. I know of some good places in Springfield and the area around it, PM me if you want details.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

Welcome back, DBM. It's been too quiet without you here the past few years :)
DeathByMoths
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by DeathByMoths »

Well shucks, I missed you guys! It's been awhile! Yeah, it seemed kind of dead lately. Been lurking on and off, but I recently had someone referred to me from outside sources so I figured I'd pop back in.

How've you been man?
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

DeathByMoths wrote:How've you been man?
I have been busy with an activity I think you will enjoy...namely taking macros of moths. Here are my faves:

What thinks you?
DeathByMoths
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by DeathByMoths »

That's a Luna Moth and a Rosy Maple Moth, right? Those are awesome! The res is super high quality! What did you take those with?