cave near campbell 16

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

cave near campbell 16

Post by piplnr65656 »

Has anyone ever checked out the old little shed In the clump of trees with the big fence around it in the area between campbell 16 and campbell street. I was told it was an entrance into a drainage tunnel but I have never checked it out. It is very strange that there is a large fence around a little group of trees in the city.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: cave near campbell 16

Post by Sertile »

That's the WTFarm. There's no cave there, just an old farmhouse, but it is kind of set down in a sinkhole. There IS a small cave near the theater, however, over by Back Yard Burgers, in the little wooded area back behind there... I've been, but never inside. Underdog explored it once, I think. I've been meaning to, but I never really got around to it.

That whole area's part of a karst chain comprised of several caves and sinkholes, including the Erie St. Cave behind Wal-Mart.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

I went down there trying to get a look at the cave entrance, and ended up finding a lot of possum sized rats.

Not too pretty.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

ah thank you, I have been wondering about that one for a long time. What was the WTF farm?
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i still always say that in my head as
the "what the f*ck!? farm"
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.