Who's still in Kansas City?

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
9mmPKR
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Who's still in Kansas City?

Post by 9mmPKR »

Nobody posts on uer anymore. The KC forum is DEAD.
Anyone still in Kansas City??
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Who

Post by mindwaave »

I know several explorers in the KC area, there's a good community there but yeah there's no centralized way to get a hold of anyone for now. The ones I know of on Underground Ozarks are IrvingJackelman and PeterBillionaire.
Preservation over plunder.
DLap
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by DLap »

i am new to Ozarks underground but have been exploring for a little while now, its awesome to see there is a community here in kc
would love to organize a meetup and meet some other explorers its getting nice out again!!
"Its all about the Coalbase"
9mmPKR
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Who's still in Kansas City?

Post by 9mmPKR »

Bump. Lets set something up. I know life gets in the way, I'm sure most of you have families and shit.
Dionne Ashley
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Dionne Ashley »

I live in TX but travel that direction every couple months or so. Keep me posted if anything comes of this. Cheers, D.
Write something and wait expectantly. http://flickr.com/photos/dionnehartnett
peaceivy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by peaceivy »

I just moved here and looking for some exploring friends!
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I'm always game on Saturdays/Sundays and have been meaning to explore the Sunflower Ammunition Plant for a while. Have you been there yet?
aka "That Guy"
9mmPKR
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by 9mmPKR »

I went to Sunflower but never made it past the fences. I was also alone, as always.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I know a few people who have been there in the past month or two, so I'm definitely wanting to give it a go. I typically explore alone as well. It's sort of a constraint when things get too sketchy though.
aka "That Guy"
4Valhal
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by 4Valhal »

Created an account just to link up lol.

The girl and I are out almost every weekend messing around KC, Lawrence, or Topeka. Add me on snapchat: MT4Prezz or on Instagram: Mt4Prez

Welcome to explore with us, perhaps we can show each other some stuff.

We don't tolerate any tagging, arson, or vandalism - just a heads up.
Bigspike
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Bigspike »

I'll be in KC for a few weekends from STL...Me and the person I'm going with would love to see one or more of some of the cooler things KC has to offer. Never done any exploring in the area.

Anyone think they'll be out and about on the weekend of August 19th? :mrgreen:
4Valhal
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by 4Valhal »

Bigspike wrote:I'll be in KC for a few weekends from STL...Me and the person I'm going with would love to see one or more of some of the cooler things KC has to offer. Never done any exploring in the area.

Anyone think they'll be out and about on the weekend of August 19th? :mrgreen:
I'm sorry I missed you!
Cade
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Cade »

Few tips on Sunflower:
1) Wear asbestos masks (and don't break the silver colored panels)
2) Don't enter from the parks to the east (they're patrolled)
3) Take a buddy, if you get injured it's a long hike out of there (or you call 911 and burn the location :evil:)
4) Be warned: there may be farmers in pickups or tractors (had to hide from both), and don't get startled by the cows
5) Don't go in the main entrance, there are almost always cars parked outside the buildings right next to the main entrance, it seems that that one building is still active (IDK what though)
6) Do your homework, my buddy and I were able to find some maps online (I think from the EPA) that gave us better information on what we were exploring and where to avoid (there is one area where they tested the munitions, think UXO)
4Valhal
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by 4Valhal »

Cade wrote:Few tips on Sunflower:
Fuck that place man. Lol. Too much activity, whether it be private or government. And they don't mess around on the fines either. Friend of mine came up from Texas to check it out and got hit with a $500 trespassing for just being off the trail in the park.
Dionne Ashley
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Dionne Ashley »

4Valhal wrote:
Cade wrote:Few tips on Sunflower:
Fuck that place man. Lol. Too much activity, whether it be private or government. And they don't mess around on the fines either. Friend of mine came up from Texas to check it out and got hit with a $500 trespassing for just being off the trail in the park.
Haha, that would be me. I didn't know you were on here too, although it would make sense, lol.

Yeah, that really sucked, although I was still about 15 minutes from Sunflower when I got the ticket. It was incredibly stupid because I didn't go inside of anything, I only was taking photos of a photogenic barn that happened to be private park property (why the hell is park property private anyways??). I got caught in the first place because, ironically, I had no idea I was on park property so I didn't try to hide my car. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong by taking photos of an old barn with no signs or anything about "trespassing."
I came out from behind the building and my car was surrounded by 4 or 5 squad cars, at least half a dozen cops and all of their lights were flashing... it was quite the spectacle. They kept me there for almost an hour. After shooting the shit with them for that long and not doing anything but taking photos of a barn, I was really surprised (and slightly pissed) when the lead cop comes back with a citation. I even convinced them I was working on a book for a historical preservation society. After one of them hands me the ticket, another one that looked like he was still in high school starts telling me of other abandoned locations I should go photograph. I mean, Really?
Anyways, after that interrogation and fiasco, I certainly didn't want to get caught by them again and the whole thing kind of soured the mood for me.
Evidently, Olathe (county?) is one of only two locations that have their own dedicated park police that are not state or federal, but just local park police with their very own jurisdiction. Judging from their overzealous response to my Toyota Camry, I'd say they have way too much time and money on their hands over there.

I'll see if I can find some photos from this very expensive barn photo shoot a couple months ago and post them
Write something and wait expectantly. http://flickr.com/photos/dionnehartnett