Info on Jamestown Mall

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Acxd
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Info on Jamestown Mall

Post by Acxd »

I'm fairly new to this but i have been exploring a lot recently and I kinda want to step up my game a little. So I decided whats better to with start than the Jamestown mall.

A few friends and I took a quick look at it about a week ago. We saw that most of the entrances had been either locked or boarded up, sometimes both. We also noticed a security truck in the parking-lot. We think this would be a very interesting place to visit but before we do so I kind of need some more information about it such as...

-Entrance
-Security (how many guards, if any, and are they there 24/7.)
-Risks

A thing that I did wonder about the security truck is if it is always there. I would assume that the security guard brings his own car and the security truck is for patrolling the area because why would he go through the struggle of taking home a work vehicle.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Info on Jamestown Mall

Post by BagHead727 »

Yeah, there is armed security there 24/7. One guard I've spoken with brings his bicycle and rides it inside the mall all day/night long. There are motion alarms, door alarms, and cameras in strategic places. All neighboring residents have also been informed to keep an eye out for suspicious vehicles parked on the street and to report them. Also, if you set off an alarm or get spotted, police response time is 5 minutes and they often bring in K9 units to search the mall.
aka "That Guy"
Acxd
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Acxd »

BagHead727 wrote:Yeah, there is armed security there 24/7. One guard I've spoken with brings his bicycle and rides it inside the mall all day/night long. There are motion alarms, door alarms, and cameras in strategic places. All neighboring residents have also been informed to keep an eye out for suspicious vehicles parked on the street and to report them. Also, if you set off an alarm or get spotted, police response time is 5 minutes and they often bring in K9 units to search the mall.
Damn that sucks. I've heard of the guy the brings his bike but I assumed he was only there in the day. Also how do the guards not set of the motion alarms? And are the camera outside as well?
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

The guards only patrol a small section of the mall and leave the rest up to the alarms. But no, he's there even at night. When I did Jamestown, the guard had just gotten in his truck and drove away for a 2am lunch break. And yes, there is a night vision camera that covers the south side of the parking lot. Most likely there are more.

Most of that stuff was not there when I explored it and I would be hesitant to try it now.
aka "That Guy"
Acxd
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Acxd »

When my friends and I checked it out we almost circled the whole building and found only one unlocked door, but it was to a small closet with some pipes in it. Luckily we got cold and gave up or else it might of ended differently
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

That's kind of how I got in actually. It was just a random utility room that connected to a storage area and then a hallway and lots of dead ends. Honestly I couldn't even tell you how I got in. It was the most confusing maze with locked and boarded up interior doors. I guess it was a portion of the mall that had undergone renovations and was cut off almost entirely from the rest. I think I eventually found a small gap between an unfinished 2x4 and drywall wall and gained entry to the actual mall. I wondered around that little maze for what seemed like ages and was almost convinced it was a dead end, which would have been unfortunate because it was the only unlocked door on the entire mall...
aka "That Guy"
dundahmifflin
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dundahmifflin »

BagHead727 wrote:That's kind of how I got in actually. It was just a random utility room that connected to a storage area and then a hallway and lots of dead ends. Honestly I couldn't even tell you how I got in. It was the most confusing maze with locked and boarded up interior doors. I guess it was a portion of the mall that had undergone renovations and was cut off almost entirely from the rest. I think I eventually found a small gap between an unfinished 2x4 and drywall wall and gained entry to the actual mall. I wondered around that little maze for what seemed like ages and was almost convinced it was a dead end, which would have been unfortunate because it was the only unlocked door on the entire mall...
How long ago did you first get in?
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chubz »

Had some friends recently here who has no problems. They set off an alarm and continued exploring for ~30 minutes and only decided to leave after triggering another alarm. No police response.
ultimate lurker
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Info on Jamestown Mall

Post by Chubz »

^ Can't edit that post anymore, but I'll spill the beans now that it's closed up tight. Friends got in because the main food court doors had a single nut+bolt holding them shut, which required the spinning of said nut until it freed the doors. From there they walked in and explored freely with no issues. Mentioned a few fake cameras (no wires), a radio that was on with no one around it. They explored the entire mall without seeing any guard.

We came back a few days later and that spot is locked up nice and tight with a big thick lock+chain. It seems that all the anchor stores are a bit easier to get into but you can't get access to the main mall from them (as they told me after 4 hours of trying). Certainly some roof entrances open if you find a way up there :)
ultimate lurker
dundahmifflin
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Info on Jamestown Mall

Post by dundahmifflin »

Chubz wrote:^ Can't edit that post anymore, but I'll spill the beans now that it's closed up tight. Friends got in because the main food court doors had a single nut+bolt holding them shut, which required the spinning of said nut until it freed the doors. From there they walked in and explored freely with no issues. Mentioned a few fake cameras (no wires), a radio that was on with no one around it. They explored the entire mall without seeing any guard.

We came back a few days later and that spot is locked up nice and tight with a big thick lock+chain. It seems that all the anchor stores are a bit easier to get into but you can't get access to the main mall from them (as they told me after 4 hours of trying). Certainly some roof entrances open if you find a way up there :)

Great to hear. (Not the locked-up-tight shit, though.) How long did they think the radio was there?
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I wouldn't mind making a return trip here to see how the place has fared over the past few years. I unfortunately lost the security guard's phone number. Might have to just send him a youtube PM and see if his proposition still stands.
aka "That Guy"
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chubz »

BagHead727 wrote:I wouldn't mind making a return trip here to see how the place has fared over the past few years. I unfortunately lost the security guard's phone number. Might have to just send him a youtube PM and see if his proposition still stands.
If you're looking for a few extra bodies, I'd love to tag along. I'm right across the Alton bridge so I can meet up most days.
dundahmifflin wrote:
Chubz wrote:^ Can't edit that post anymore, but I'll spill the beans now that it's closed up tight. Friends got in because the main food court doors had a single nut+bolt holding them shut, which required the spinning of said nut until it freed the doors. From there they walked in and explored freely with no issues. Mentioned a few fake cameras (no wires), a radio that was on with no one around it. They explored the entire mall without seeing any guard.

Great to hear. (Not the locked-up-tight shit, though.) How long did they think the radio was there?

They weren't sure, but did say there was no sign of anything worthwhile being near it. Certainly would be a bit unnerving to find a lone radio playing KSHE at a loud volume in a large empty mall ;)
ultimate lurker
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

With the water leaks and insane mold, I'm sure the place is pretty fucked up. I would be surprised if security is still stationed inside. I bet they just do perimeter checks daily.
aka "That Guy"