Bread Tray Mountain

Urban exploration in Missouri
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Bread Tray Mountain

Post by Mike Jones »

I have read a few article about a place called Bread Tray Mountain. It is located west of Lampe, MO. It is supposodly haunted by Spanish soldiers that were killed by Indians. Has anyone been there and is it even worth a trip. I have been to this part of the lake before and I don't want to drive all the way down there for nothing.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

RE: Bread Tray Mountain

Post by gimpface »

I've never been out there, but I've been meaning too. In Ozark Magic and Folklore Vance Randolph mentions that locals claim to have heard screams and seen strange lights moving around in the woods. Supposedly it was the site of a Spanish fort where the natives were enslaved to mine silver. The story states that the Spaniards were all tortured to death after the slaves revolted. Pretty awesome story, but I've heard similar ones for just about any "Spanish Cave" in the area. The local reputation alone makes it worth checking out in my book, although it's less UrbEx (Nothing urban about Breadtray Mountian) and more ghost hunting.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Mike Jones
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Mike Jones »

well here is the Google Earth pic if anyone wants to visit
Attachments
bread tray.JPG
bread tray.JPG (95.15 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I've been there a million times, although I've never bothered to climb the actual hill. There's also rumors of a collapsed cave stored with Spanish, but, not surprisingly, no one's ever been able to find a cave there.