Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by psychosaw13 »

Well my wife & I made a trip out to Labadie Mansion Between Copan, Ok. & Hula Dam. I had never been there before & I have lived in Bartlesville my whole life.

First we visited the cematary (at least a mile before the house) :

Then came to a bridge:

We kept our eyes on the hill & found a place to park.
then we had to make a trek through a pasture (I'm not even shure if this was the correct path to the house but we made our own way)

Coming up the Hill...

A well south of the house:

Looking northest (inside)

The original Bath??

An second story window:

Looking southeast:

A horse stable southwest of the house:

Turn Back or Die! :

Me in a window :

I must say the wife & I did experience some strange occerences. We did hear two howls or moans (not from any animal) My wife experienced a burning sensation in her nose while we were inside the house. My camera was fully charged & shut off twice while trying to take pics & it had trouble focusing... alot! The wife swears she saw a red sphere down by the stables but only for a brief second.

We saw nothing of any ghost form & the wife nor I ever got scared or had strange feelings.

It was a hella fun trip! & I did find another story debunking the whole ghost story in the other Labadie thread.

Labadie House
Much tragedy tended to surround the Labadie family in the early 1900's. Accidental deaths were common leaving room for exaggeration as the years passed.

The Labadie's were a ranching family who owned a farm somewhere along the Caney River. Frank and Samantha Labadie had three sons, George, John and Paul. Their daughter, Mrs. Lola Thurman, died in 1933 just two years before her elderly parents died.

The entrance to the family's ranch proudly displays the name "Labadie." (OKWUeagle.com/Jon Clayborn) A story entitled "The April Fools Ghost," was submitted to Green Country Living in 1980. It told a fictional tale of three teenage boys who went searching for the old Labadie House. They had heard that the house was the site of a tragic murder. In the story they believed that Mr. Labadie had gone insane on April Fools Day and thrown his family out the third story attic window before committing suicide himself.

The story stirred up mixed emotions among family members still living in the Bartlesville area. Frank's nieces, Blanche Labadie Mounts and Winifred V. Labadie, decided to write a letter to the editor to set the record straight.

On April 1, 1935, Mr. and Mrs. Labadie were found dead in their home. They had been asphyxiated by carbon-monoxide fumes from a gas burning stove with poor ventilation. The couple had just recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with all their friends and family. Frank was 75 years of age and his wife was 68 when they died. The so called haunted house from the GCL article was actually owned by their son George which Frank and Samantha never lived in.

"We are sorry to disappoint the thrill seeking public but there were no murders, no suicide, just a case of accidental deaths," the women said in closing.

While the GCL and the Labadie nieces hoped to "lay to rest" all the myths and legends, the tale continues to be told, changing a little with every repetition. Thrill seekers continue to make the long dark trek to the top of a hill where the remains of a stone home stand. After two fires the stone fireplace is the only thing still standing among the debris of the dilapidated home. The sight is met only by malfunctioning flashlights, strange invisible people shouting the names of all those present, odd smells and strange animals rushing through the darkness and vegetation just out of sight and reach. Though the most terrifying of all is when the fireplace sudden begins to blaze at the top of the hill bidding farewell to the frightened guests.

One teen stated, "This is our entertainment, and I will attest that it is much more fun than going to the mall or movies."

Whether these myths and others like them are the concoctions of teenage imaginations, mere optical illusions or truth is still to be discovered. But beware to those thrill seekers brave enough to find the truth for the twist at the end of the road may be more than bargained for and the truth may find peace at last for those families still affected by the mysterious legends.

I have many many more shots here if anyone want to see the whole album.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218 ... 20Mansion/
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by Fiend »

Awesome, Ive been hoping someone would take some good pics of that place. Ive been too lazy to go out there myself lol. Did you have any trouble getting to it? Fences? Angry good old boys with shot guns?
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

Not too much trouble. I had done alot of research & talked to friends and locals about how to find it.
Like I said we didint even know if it was the right place to enter. We just picked a spot to park & headed across a pasture for the hill.
There was no one around& no No Tresspassing signs. There is someone who has a house about a quarter mi south of the place we stopped.
No one bothered us. We spent about an hr up there looking around. I wouldnt reccomend going at night though , not because of the spooks but because there is so much crap to trip over.

if you want directions pm me.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by Scout »

Very nice. I've heard about it several years now. We lived in Elk City (Kansas) just north of there for many years. We still go down to Woolaroc a couple of times a year. I'd like to see it. Heck, I'd like to live around Bartlesville. It's a mighty nice area.
"That old hag hates my ass."
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

Yeah Woolaroc is fun but I gotta tell ya Bartlesville sucks! There is nothing to do here. Even the Mall is dead now, all we got left is wal-mart fast food & mexican resturants. We gotta go to Tulsa to do anything fun.
But I guess everybody sez that about their town.

I am totaly scrounging around this town looking for stuff to Explore all the really kool stuff has already been torn down.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

The mall was a whole lot deader back about fifteen years ago. I expect you're right about people who've lived in the same place their whole lives.

My wife likes going to the candle shop and used to like the soap factory up on radar hill. The whole atmosphere up there is kinda hainted-like. Kinda spooky. Since they moved the soap factory, there's not as much reason to go up there anymore.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

Yeah lol ,I just went to the candle factory this weekend & I went & checked out the Red Dirt Soap bldg but that place is locked down tight. I know there's gotta be a lotta kool stuff inside but somebodys house is right behind that bldg. I snuck around & checked every door. I got spooked and took off! But yeah it looks kool all the weeds & stuff have grown up around front!
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

You know the history of the place don't you? That building and the Soap Factory are both remnants of a WWII Army Air Corps Radar installation. Also, it was supposedly a prison camp for German captives IIRC. Place is supposed to be hainted and it would not surprise me. I always get weird vibes up there.

Yes there are lots of people living around there and they all got at least ten dawgs. lol

FWIW I always get some weird vibes at Woolaroc too. Maybe it's just me.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

You know, that reminds me of some old military base that is suppose to be in south Broken Arrow. Supposedly its an old haunted nazi pow camp, I havent found it yet, the directions I found were kind of vague. But that soap factory up in B-Ville sounds cool, too bad you couldnt get inside...
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by psychosaw13 »

Scout wrote:You know the history of the place don't you? That building and the Soap Factory are both remnants of a WWII Army Air Corps Radar installation. Also, it was supposedly a prison camp for German captives IIRC. Place is supposed to be hainted and it would not surprise me. I always get weird vibes up there.

Yes there are lots of people living around there and they all got at least ten dawgs. lol

FWIW I always get some weird vibes at Woolaroc too. Maybe it's just me.
Yeah I knew it had somthin to with military radars up there. It aint called Radar hill fer nuthin lol! but yeah I think Im gonna give it another shot again in the future
maybe some one will break in for me :P

also yeah the Woolaroc lodge is supposed to be haunted
it feels really creepy when you tour the inside.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by psychosaw13 »

Fiend wrote:You know, that reminds me of some old military base that is suppose to be in south Broken Arrow. Supposedly its an old haunted nazi pow camp, I havent found it yet, the directions I found were kind of vague. But that soap factory up in B-Ville sounds cool, too bad you couldnt get inside...
I can probably take a pic of the outside of the bldg so ya'll can get a visual. Man, I just gotta see the inside somehow!
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Where exactly is radar hill? Im not very familiar with Bartlesville. I'd like to go out there and poke around a bit.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

Well let's see, Head outta town on West Hwy 60 past the Research center & Airport for about 2 miles. You will turn Right at Cr -3236. (There is a small sign that sez Keepsake Candles) Go up to the top of the Hill, Right for the Candle Shop & Left For the old Red Dirt Bldg.

you gotta drive slow on Hwy 60 or you will drive right past yer turn off!
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Alright, thanks!
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

I've read a lot of stuff about Broken Arrow on Shadowlands and elsewhere. Something about an old house on a hill where the Klan once met. I've often wondered if it was on the same hill BPS is now on.

Heck while I'm at it, that BPS rocks. Wish it had been there when we were closer to Tulsa. We're about 50 miles closer to Kansas City now than we are to Tulsa, so unless we've got some reason to go to Tulsa, we go north. KC now has two BPS' though plus Cabela's, so it's all good.

I'm gonna check the Labadie mansion out if I can ever find time and some fool doesn't bulldoze it.