Urban exploration in Arkansas
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Well you know... Dopatch

Post by dogpatchexpert »

well i have to talk about it lol thats why my name is dogpatch expert

anyways

I went to branson this week end for some shoping and i drove past dogpatch and they have cleaned it up. They have drained the lake and took down some of the old buildings. They have cleared alot of the overgroth that was takeing over the park and burned alot of it. The is some peopling camping down there. And just like Gasby said there was a young kinda cuby red head kid ridding a 4wheeler. It looked like they where clearing every thing out. And there was a sign that said "Honk if you want this open" and there was a phone number i got it and i did take some pictures but the said thing is i forgot my digtal camera so i had to goto walmart and buy a cheap little despoable one so i dont know how the pictures will turn out. But i was with my family and they dont like traspassing so i just took some from the park and some going down the road so that may hurt some of the pictures.

Well I will post them later
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by White Rabbit »

You know, someone from Branson emailed me the other day with a picture they took of the statue of Colonel Cornpone which was down there. It was sitting on a trailer somewhere in Branson with a whole bunch of other scrap metal. The guy was totally freaked that they were selling that statue for scrap metal. I really hope that that wasn't the case.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

holy shit i hope not i will be up there in a heart beat to buy that thing if that is ture

but was the statue metal i thought it was fiber glass or plastic

but anyways. I sent my flim to be developed i should have some pictures tomorow i will post them I also got the phone number that is on the sign if any one would like to call pm me...
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I have a clipping from a newspaper in Branson that tells where the statue is it says it is going to be repaired i think the hand and something else is broken but then people can say anything
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
OkieMan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OkieMan »

I took a picture of Cornpone, while on the trailer. He is behind a place called Tumblin Tumbleweeds.
This picture was taken in 2004, but as of June, it was still there
Attachments
cornpone.JPG
cornpone.JPG (31.86 KiB) Viewed 11339 times
cornpone2.JPG
cornpone2.JPG (45.11 KiB) Viewed 11335 times
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

i should have images posted tonight. yet how good the picutres will be is anyones guess
Dogpatch Expert
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Here are the pictures:
In this picture you can see a camper. There is a little boy right next to the cammper playing on a ramp or somthing.
That was the petting zoo. It was so grown up and nasty that you used to not tell what it was but now that they have cleaned it up you can really tell.
This is one of the little apart ments that are on the side of the bluff over looking the road that leads to the hub and the old entrance to the park.
The Hub. We did not stop at the hub i think they where closed. It was sunday so...
This is apart of the buildings that was attached to the entrance. I think a gift shop or something. It has "do not cross" tape all around it so i bet it is going to be trown down. But the rest of the pictures of the entrance looks like they have dont nothing to it so i bet they are not going to use that entrance.
This building was the entrance where you ride the tram down to the park. But they have not even cleaned it up so i bet they are not going to us it. Or maybe when they spilt the land up to be sold the tram sold with the hub or something like that...
This was tooken in the truck lol. But this is the sign to the dogpatch camp area that says "Opening Soon" so somthing going on up there.
Well i just thought that was a good photo op.
This is looking down into the park. That is the wooden dam where the train crosses at. If you look very closy you can see where water used to be in the lake. The water is missing. I guess they are going to have trout again so they have to clean the whole lake again so the trout can live there.
This is looking down into all the little shops and stuff. The shops look like they have been cleaned up and the porchs and over hangs that the buildings had that where falling in have been removed.
Another picture looking down to the shops.
That is some of the shops and stuff. And the rails for the train are there also. As you can see the shops looked like they are being restored.
Here you can see the butt of the train station and the metal building that was right next to the train station that they used for mataince or something.
Here you can really see anything there is a glar but if you look at the tractor or claw or whatever that is down there. That used to be water. That was part of the lake. So they have been working.
This is a walk way that ran along the lake it had a booth there where you could buy something cant remember what.
That stream still does have water in it so i dont know what they are going to do with that. There is the little play ground and stuff. Off to the distance you can see where the trout hachory was. And another building.
Dogpatch Expert
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I do have a phone number if any one would like to give them a call
Dogpatch Expert
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Those pics are awesome thanks for sharing. Now I gotta call my mom and tell her there is more pictures up. :lol:
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Ok, I'm not sure if this was ok to do but I did it anyway. I sent an e-mail to the Springfield News-Leader about the recent developments at Dogpatch and told them that it might be worth it to do a story on. For refrence I gave them the Underground Ozarks site and no I didn't give out any names... not even mine. Anyway I hope noone is mad.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

:x
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Well I would just like to comment on the Cornpone statement...

That person is absolutely clueless as to what they are talking about. We pulled it out of the park aloooong time ago because people were actually trying to steal the thing.

Now for all those that are worried about us selling it for scrap metal, no fear.... it's made out of FIBERGLASS.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Also, I have pictures from inside the park... have since we took down equipment and they actually started denting into it....
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Oh and one more thing, we ordered a ton of roofing material for the buildings this past week... yay
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Sounds like it is coming along nicely. Now when are you gonna tell us about the final plans for it? :lol:
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.