Skunk!

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

RE: Skunk!

Post by Underdog »

So earlier tonight my friend and I were going to visit the Jordan Valley tunnel to see the "Hells Church" room I've heard so much about. There seemed to be a couple of older people, one with a flashlight near Hotel of Terror so we went the long way around to not be seen.

After going around to the other side we decided to walk through the weeds so we would be out of the lights. My friend stopped and we could both see something moving. It was white and at first I thought it was a possum or something. It was about six feet in front of us so we shinned our flashlights at it. It was a skunk! It turned around and lifted it's tail up at us. I took two steps back, turned around slowly and ran like hell. Niether of us got sprayed but we were very lucky. I didn't want to go to work smelling like skunk the next week.

Unfortunatly, we did not find the hells church entrance like Keetz explained. I think I see where he was talking about but it seems to be bricked up.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Oh big deal. I live on a farm, and until recently we had a family of skunks living on our porch. They were actually really tame, though. Never gave us any problems, but they ate all the cat food.

As for Hell's Church, PM'ing you with a map...
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Cake_Pan
Lush
Lush

Post by Cake_Pan »

Do some cultures eat skunk? Im just curious
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'm gonna say no... For one thing, I'm pretty sure they're only native to North America, and I never heard of Indians eating skunks. For another, skunks rarely ever spray, but if you kill one their stink glands go crazy and they shoot their whole wad all at once. It wouldn't even be worth the trouble to kill one.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

They may rarely spray but when they do it smells to high heaven. I should know. My dog got sprayed one summer and had to outside until we could get a truck to take her to get a bath.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Haha, that reminds me of this picture. Two of my dogs that got sprayed by a skunk at 1 in the morning. My parents and I were watching a movie and we let the dogs out before going to bed. They came back smelling.
Attachments
maggie and sadie.jpg
maggie and sadie.jpg (61.98 KiB) Viewed 5092 times