Friends Land...Rumors?

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

Friends Land...Rumors?

Post by Sparkle »

I have a friend who lives in OK and I have been talking to her for awhile now and they mentioned owning about 1,000 acres (i am sure this is common..just not in MO. In IL it was)...but it isn't really that that caught my attention. She mentioned that her property had a few caves, a waterfall, and some neat stories behind it. :? Hmm... So far can all this happen in OK? I have only driven through it to Dallas,TX.

Her uncle was found dead near the waterfall, there is a tree that was used to hang some guy who robbed banks (and the money is buried under the tree but ahsnt been dug up?).... Her grandpa told her all this and she forwarded it to me. Do you think it would even be worth my time to makea trip?

Thanks!
-jake
-=Let them hate, as long as they also fear=-
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Friends Land...Rumors?

Post by White Rabbit »

Hey, Jake, can you tell us what city the land is located in? That would help me find more information on this (if there is any). Because there's like ten million buried treasure legends about Oklahoma.

And, off the top of my head, I do know of one involving stolen money being buried on a farm in Oklahoma. The James gang supposedly buried $5,000 on the Billy Royce farm.
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

Post by Sparkle »

Bristow I believe.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Pretty sure this is gotta be the place:

http://www.therockerbox.com/creek_count ... asures.htm

It's the one I keep stumbling across for Creek County, which is where Bristow is. All the legends on that particular page are the same one. One references the buried loot to be near Mannford and one near Kellyville. Both of those towns are within 15 miles or so of Bristow. The description seems to fit the story you got. Think this is it?
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

Post by Sparkle »

:lol:

I am really unsure if it could be that or not. I mean, there is a possibility but I seem to stray away from the belief of buried treasures, even though that would be really neat! :-) I will try and find out more information.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Let's all go for a dig!

Probably disintegrated by now though. :(
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

The coins are gonna still be there :-D and if anything the value of the gold and silver and the collectable value of the coins has got to be worth something... plus you'd be suprised how well burried paper money or even wet paper money will last. It's not actually paper, it's more like a linen fiber composit... even old old paper money.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

And how would you know?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

gold doesn't go away unless someone else has already been there, and silver just tarnishes. As far as old paper money, the paper money the found in some ladies purse on the Titanic is proof enough. Besides, look at some of the archiological digs that have been done. They've found burried bodies, or should I say bones, and the clothing was still there. Plus Oklahoma is getting into the dry area of the country so things burried underground tend to decay slower. As far as the coin value goes, I'm a coin collector and I used to be to the point it was an obsession, but anyway that's how I know.

dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

What is OK's policy on treasures. Do you have to give Oklahoma some of the profit like in other states or what....
Dogpatch Expert
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Probably, but if it were me, I'd just go dig it up, not tell anyone and keep it for myself until I die and let my grandchildren worry abou it (in 70 years, noone will care) ;-)

tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

I believe the story. My friends and I have found gold pieces, it's really not uncommon around here (as far as finding buried treasure goes). That's due to all of the bank robberies that occurred around the Ozarks. One day, we set out to play around and look for some of the places in my friend's Gold Prospector's of America magazine which gives you rumors and directions to many places in your area. We only went to three places, but we did find a couple pieces of gold. We've never gone back, but I have a feeling there could be more there. So I tend to believe that there is/was gold there. I like treasure stories, heh.