Putt-Putt Mini Golf

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Putt-Putt Mini Golf

Post by Willard »

Anyone remember Putt-Putt? Well I was driving down Campbell one day back in early April I believe and saw them tearing it down. I nearlly ran into the person infront of me I was so surprised. I guess it was worth more as a used car lot then a miniature golf place.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

RE: Putt-Putt Mini Golf

Post by ropingk »

I never cared for golf but putt Putt man I have played that soo many times
I was down in Baton rouge (sp) and they had a 4 story putt putt golf it was the most awesome thing you had to actually hit good shots to finish the course, and the animation was wild the animals actually would move so you had to time your shot and then they had a water hazard it was just the coolest thing i ever got to play and the best thing was it was open 24/7 and it was right next to the Big Go Karts that fly around the track I dont know what they call them but tman they actually slid throught the corners that was definently the best part of that trip
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
djarum101
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by djarum101 »

i was lookin for the old putt putt back in april with some friends. we couldnt find it and everyone thought i had the wrong road or was crazy... then we found an older one on a road off campbell. anywho thats sad its gone, lots of memories there.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I was gonna say there's still that other one off Campbell, Fun Golf or whatever. It's not Putt-Putt, though, that's for sure.

I noticed them tearing down Putt-Putt a while back, and I planned on going back to check it out before they got all the way done with it, but I screwed around too long and when I came back it was a parking lot... I just wanted to play one more round :cry:
TR146x
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TR146x »

It's true. the land was sold some time ago. I've noticed that in recent years it has not been very busy when I drive by. I'm not surprised, can you imagine how much that land is worth?

when putt-putt was built, there wasn't much out there.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

I lived right by that Putt-putt and although they were way over-priced I will miss it alot :cry:

We need a really big mini golf place in Springfield that has something more than little wooden displays.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Post by bluecookies »

I'd agree, we def need a good putt putt here in Springfield. I don't know if anyone has ever been to Myrtle Beach, SC around here, but they have some awesome courses! I'm talking multiple levels with waterfalls and caves (man made) its stinking sweet. And they are like on every corner. But enough of that.

I heard someone say they turned putt putt into a parking lot was it? A new place of business or who's lot is it?
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Re: RE: Putt-Putt Mini Golf

Post by Underdog »

bluecookies wrote:I'd agree, we def need a good putt putt here in Springfield. I don't know if anyone has ever been to Myrtle Beach, SC around here, but they have some awesome courses! I'm talking multiple levels with waterfalls and caves (man made) its stinking sweet. And they are like on every corner. But enough of that.

I heard someone say they turned putt putt into a parking lot was it? A new place of business or who's lot is it?
From the looks of it it's now or will soon be a used car dealership because you know how much we need another one of those.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I think it should be a chinese resturant. Or a church.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

It's a parking lot for a Used Car Dealership.... I think we need to get as many people around town as possible to get a petition going to make laws governing used car dealerships...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by crowe »

Anne wrote:I think it should be a chinese resturant. Or a church.
*laughs* Springfield needs more Chinese resturants and churches. i totally agree.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

well at least it isnt another self storage area what is with that all of a sudden on my drive home there are at least 5 BIG areas that are becoming Self Storage Centers do people really have that much to store??
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Banks, we need more banks!!!
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

underdog wrote:
Banks, we need more banks!!!
No! No more banks, that just means more competition for the one I work at!

*edit* it's not Bank of America, don't worry