Road trip!

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Road trip!

Post by ze_beeved »

thetrio and I have been discussing making a road trip from kc down to southern mo. I know we want to see Dogpatch but I don't know where else we could go down there. We're hoping to meet up with some of you all if possible. Could be a lot of fun :D
Nothing is in stone yet but I'll let you all know when we could do it.
I don't know where to start.....
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: Road trip!

Post by Sertile »

I'm in. I've always wanted to go to Dogpatch. I've got a road trip planned to Chaco Canyon next weekend, but after that I should be fairly free.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I've never been to Dogpatch either. Count me in, well as long as I'm not at work or gone. :)
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

I would love to go. Please let me know as soon as dates are set so I can get off work.
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chillindave »

If you all wanted to stay overnight to explore more places and not have to drive all the way back the same day, I'd suggest getting a room at the Hub on the top of the hill, by the old main entrance to Dogpatch. Rooms are only like $40 a night, which is cheap in my book. The bikers that own it are pretty cool guys as well. Now depending on what weekend ya'll are talkin about, I'd actually like to meet up with ya. I've been all the way through Dogpatch and filmed the whole journey, so there's really nothin new to see for me, but I'd like to meet some other fello explorers, then probably depart to go check out a few train tunnels on my list.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

That sounds like a good idea. I dont know when we will be heading out that way, I just got laid off from work so I need to wait for the unemployment checks to start coming which could take up to a month.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, everyone should see Dogpatch at least once. There really is no place like it.

Walking around Dogpatch is like all those end of the world movies you've ever seen where people are walking around an abandoned city. It's freaking awesome.

Gatsby could probably give us a tour, too.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Re: RE: Road trip!

Post by Underdog »

White Rabbit wrote:Yeah, everyone should see Dogpatch at least once. There really is no place like it.

Walking around Dogpatch is like all those end of the world movies you've ever seen where people are walking around an abandoned city. It's freaking awesome.

Gatsby could probably give us a tour, too.
I want to film a zombie movie there! That'd be so awesome. You can all play zombies.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by crowe »

is this still on? because i'd be interested in going as well. haven't seen Dogpatch yet... but i'd like to. :)
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Yeah, Beav and I havent talked about it lately but it will probably still be a bit as I am flat broke right now. hopefully by the end of summer though.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Fast zombies or slow zombies? I do a pretty mean zombie walk, but it has to be slow. Also, the faces have to be blue and the blood has to be orange or else I'm out.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Zombie Smurfs?
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
crowe
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: RE: Road trip!

Post by crowe »

Sertile wrote:Fast zombies or slow zombies? I do a pretty mean zombie walk, but it has to be slow. Also, the faces have to be blue and the blood has to be orange or else I'm out.
ohmygod. you mean, a la the orginal Dawn of the Dead? *laughs*

hey, at the time, that stuff was amazing. :)