Is it open any more?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Yourgoldenfish
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Is it open any more?

Post by Yourgoldenfish »

I'm wondering if it is open anymore, I haven't had time to go see lately. Because awhile ago, I don't remember how long ago now, but there was a fire on the roof or something. I was coming home from school and there were fire trucks and police cars, things of the such. So the next day on the home from school my grandma, the newswatcher, tells me that the news said that apparently people had been going up there because there were empty bags of chips and lawn chairs on the roof. And I guess that is where the fire was.

So! In previous times one of the bottom doors just used to be wide open, however after this incident the door was no longer open but it was shut and like hardcore padlocked. I thought then that there was surely no way in. But this school year as we were driving to school one day and the top door was open. It hadn't been since it got all padlock'd. The next day it was open, until I was coming back FROM school.

Basically I'm wondering if someone found a way in, because it seems as if the door is still locked, though I haven't gone closer than Chestnut lately. So I'm thinking it was either the wind or someone got in. Let me know if anyone knows anything. Thanks.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Is it open any more?

Post by White Rabbit »

I think you're talking about the mill at Chestnut and National right? If so, it's not open, no. There's only one accessible door, and it's padlocked. The others are either welded shut or bolted in place.

Doesn't mean you can't get in. PM me ;)
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Is it open any more?

Post by 81k »

a friend and i went in there, the door directly facing national was unlocked, but this was a couple of months ago