Update on Old Sheedy Farm (some call Albino Farm) -?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
cloudylissa
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Update on Old Sheedy Farm (some call Albino Farm) -?

Post by cloudylissa »

Just a quick question... does anyone know if the Sheedy Farm buildings are still back there? I know there's an impending subdivision that's been built to the left of the old entrance. You can see a path that swoops off to the right. I didn't know if the old buildings were still out there or not.

:shock:
(I just wanted to use that smiley face, no real reason)
"Time is nature's way of making sure everything doesn't happen all at once." --Kingdom Hospital
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

RE: Update on Old Sheedy Farm (some call Albino Farm) -?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I have heard alot about the Albino Farm and almost all the stories tell me that they are building some sort of houseing development or something that is going to take over the land that the farm sites on.
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Update on Old Sheedy Farm (some call Albino Farm) -?

Post by White Rabbit »

Unless something's changed in the last couple weeks, the buildings are all still there. But the subdivision has gotten close enough that you can see the construction from the old buildings on the property. I'm not sure if the subdivision is actually going to go as far as the buildings, which would mean tearing them down, but it wouldn't surprise me.

If they are still there, though, you can't see them from the road. Too many trees in stuff. If you drive into the new subdivision there and go to the edge of the trees and walk back in there, you should be able to tell. You'll notice the old silos and big castle-turret looking things right away.