View unanswered posts
Underground Ozarks ForumUnderground Ozarks Forum
Underground Ozarks Forum Gallery Forum Blog
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee.
View previous topic | View next topic  
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Locations: St. Louis Area
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Any of you familiar with the area should know what I'm talking about. It has a gate with a small turret closer to the street, and the mansion is back in the woods.

The property has been overgrown and for sale for as long as I can remember. Shocking because that's a "rich" neighborhood and I'm sure the property values are very high.

Anyone know anything about it?
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Locations: St. Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

From what I understand a group of men bought it with the intent on turning it into a "country club" of sorts. Like many others they ran out of cash and I'm not sure who owns it or anything else about its current or future status.

-Matt
cringe
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: St. Louis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

abandoned? mansion?

I like the sound of this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

how about some directions....a map....pictures? more info please....sounds very interesting. Laughing
Vega
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Collinsville, IL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with that area so you'll have to enlighten me.
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Do you have the address? I cannot quite pinpoint it on google earth...
tunajive
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Locations: St. Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Its directly across from taco bell/pizza hut and bank at the intersection of creve couer mill rd. and olive. You can sit in the parking lot at taco hut and see the driveway across the street. Here's the link:

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=&z=17&ll=38.680996,-90.484825&spn=0.00402,0.007135&t=k&om=1

Its the large house sitting behind the pond.

-Matt
silverstreak
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Locations: Missouri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

I am fairly familiar with the place, we used to run around out there when I went to school off of olive, There are periodically cops, and cars sitting back there, but it was almost always shut up pretty tight
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

mmmmm........

tacohut.......

Sorry. Nothing useful to add.....
cringe
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

hahah awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Why don't they make "Kentucky Fried Taco Hut" or "Pizza Fried Bell"?

KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut are all owned by the same company. They do singles and twofers, but no threefers. What gives?

Assholes.

What if I want a steak quesadilla, an order of mashed potatos, and a pepperoni personal pan pizza for lunch?

Huh?
echo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Hi I'm new here. Part of Killface photography. We visited the Mansion (try the new apartment complex being built...we found a hole in the fence near there). It's completely boarded up except for the pool house. Makes for a few good outside shots, but otherwise pretty dissappointing. Besides, I think there are security cameras up in the trees (we took a few pics of them). All in all not worth the trip (even if it was only a 15 minute trek for us). We should have some galleries of the Mansion and Chesterfield Manor up soon. Chesterfield Manor was cool but no natural light (not the beer) = no good pics except where doors and windows were busted. Damn, I need a Speedlight, too. Anywho, check out our website for our galleries (www.xthesanchez.com/killface).
epwspower
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

So there are cops that sit up there? Is there any possible way of getting in or should I not consider it.

It is hard to believe that there's cameras in the trees though...
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Even if there is a camera in the trees, I can garauntee that no one is watching it. It's most likey only used if something goes down so they have evidence against anyone who may try to break in and vandalize. That is, if it is even a working camera.
WhimsicalCadiphile
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: St. Louis/St. Charles, MO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Abandoned mansion south of Olive, west of FeeFee. Reply with quote

Chris, let me know if or when you plan on going up there, I'd love to come. I am very interested in big old houses. And this place looks close.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4