Missouri Treasure

Urban exploration in Missouri
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Missouri Treasure

Post by atron »

Has anyone seen this list of treasure clues/rumors in missouri. The spanish gold is near here sounds kinda cool, anyone know anything else about it?

Heres the list:
Ellis Trast buried a cache of stolen outlaw loot about 3 miles outside of Huzzah. The cache was carried up a small hollow from Haunted Springs to a shelter rock and put in a fox hole under a bluff and covered with rocks. The skull of a horse head was left as a marker.

There are legends that tell of a cache of Spanish treasure buried in the area of Noble Hill, on Hwy 13, about 13 miles north of Springfield on the Polk-Greene County line.

The outlaw Hillary Farrington buried a cache of loot on the old Duram farm at Jeona.

A cache of gold coins known as the Kaffer Treasure is buried in the area of Armstrong.

Around 1927, $25,000 in gems and jewelry, hidden by bandits who robbed a jewelry store, was buried at the foot of an old oak tree between two large roots about 6 miles east of Independence.
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Missouri Treasure

Post by Sirius »

where did you get this info? if any of the locations are at all specific i would be interested in looking into it further...
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

This site has some info on the Spanish treasure with some "directions" on how to find it.

http://www.losttreasure.com/statetales/taleMO.cfm
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

The Kansas one is pretty cool too.

http://www.losttreasure.com/statetales/taleKS.cfm
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
DblD
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by DblD »

There is the Alf Bolin Treasure. Supposedly located somewhere along Fox Creek in Taney County.
See this link for more information on Alf Bolin.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Treasures4.html
http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri. ... /sp83b.htm

I have been down to where I think “Murder Rocks� are located. Along the old Springfield – Harrison Road on Pine Mountain – I couldn’t find anyone that could tell me exactly where I needed to be looking. I stopped and asked three different people about “Murder Rocks� but didn’t get a very warm reception from anyone. I was down there researching a possible Geocache site. Any Geocachers on this forum?

dd
“I’m growing older but not up
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
Let those winds of time blow over my head
I’d rather die while I’m living – than live while I’m dead�
-Jimmy Buffett
Grue
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Grue »

Yeah, we've been geocaching for a short while. Its a lotta fun. I need to get the bug I picked up back to CA tho so it can continue having beers in all the provinces.

Some of the treasure stashes sound like they would need a GPR or at least a significant depth extender to find. My poor Ace 250 probably wouldnt have much luck, even if I could find the approximate location.

I knew a person from these parts who used GPR to map gravesites for her research project. It was very very sweet.
Solliz138
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Missouri Treasure

Post by Solliz138 »

Perhaps a google search on "knights of the golden circle" will pull up some stuff for you all.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: RE: Missouri Treasure

Post by gimpface »

DblD wrote:There is the Alf Bolin Treasure. Supposedly located somewhere along Fox Creek in Taney County.
See this link for more information on Alf Bolin.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Treasures4.html
http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri. ... /sp83b.htm

I have been down to where I think “Murder Rocks� are located. Along the old Springfield – Harrison Road on Pine Mountain – I couldn’t find anyone that could tell me exactly where I needed to be looking. I stopped and asked three different people about “Murder Rocks� but didn’t get a very warm reception from anyone. I was down there researching a possible Geocache site. Any Geocachers on this forum?

dd
Ah, murder rocks. One of my old favorites. On my first attempt to find the place, I got shot at.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Just FYI, the company I might or might not be working for may or may not be involved in a development at a location that is possibly or possibly not know as "Murder Rock"
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

wow so do you like manybe or maybe not kinda in some way or not work for the goverment or not---kinda like the answers they like to give
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

cobcob wrote:Just FYI, the company I might or might not be working for may or may not be involved in a development at a location that is possibly or possibly not know as "Murder Rock"
You know, I'm familiar with that company, and they are idiots. I read in the paper what they were up to, but I don't think they actually know where the Murder Rocks are. I hate those fuckers for what they did to the ghost town of Melva.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
FrizZ
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by FrizZ »

We're geocachers too. Just started with the family about a month ago. Whimspiration at your service. *grin*
cherry63376
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cherry63376 »

I have a book, the treasures of missouri. some treasures near west plains. most on the st james river some of which is under water due to table rock lake. also there is a bridge under water at kimberling city where route 13 crossed the white river. if the lake is down and the water calm you could see the bridge. they couldn't dismantle the bridge fast enough when the lake filled.
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Former User #1 »

gimpface wrote:
cobcob wrote:Just FYI, the company I might or might not be working for may or may not be involved in a development at a location that is possibly or possibly not know as "Murder Rock"
You know, I'm familiar with that company, and they are idiots. I read in the paper what they were up to, but I don't think they actually know where the Murder Rocks are. I hate those fuckers for what they did to the ghost town of Melva.
Don't hold it against him. Besides, who couldn't use yet another 18 hole golf course?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

tiamat wrote:
gimpface wrote:
Don't hold it against him. Besides, who couldn't use yet another 18 hole golf course?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude