Post by Willard »

"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Moutain Inn, Fayetteville Arkansas

Post by godfather »

I wish I had found this site before that place died.
TooMuchCoffee
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Moutain Inn, Fayetteville Arkansas

Post by TooMuchCoffee »

The "new" tower is indeed down and gone. They are now doing foundation stabilization work on the "old" section located off Center St. A lot of people didn't realize that the building consisted of an "old" and "new" part. The "new" part was built in the '60's. The "old" part (I'm not sure when it was built-1900's or so) is being renovated and will be incorperated into the new 16 story structure.
However, all buildings on Center St and around the Square have basements...big ones. Several of the buildings on Center are currently vacant :wink:.
I have been in a few due to my job. One basement ran the length of 2 buildings with small tunnels running out. Lots of old brick work.
"Anyone else smell that?"
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Moutain Inn, Fayetteville Arkansas

Post by Willard »

TooMuchCoffee wrote:The "new" tower is indeed down and gone. They are now doing foundation stabilization work on the "old" section located off Center St. A lot of people didn't realize that the building consisted of an "old" and "new" part. The "new" part was built in the '60's. The "old" part (I'm not sure when it was built-1900's or so) is being renovated and will be incorperated into the new 16 story structure.
However, all buildings on Center St and around the Square have basements...big ones. Several of the buildings on Center are currently vacant :wink:.
I have been in a few due to my job. One basement ran the length of 2 buildings with small tunnels running out. Lots of old brick work.
Ohhh... so the original part of the hotel is still standing? If that's true, very awsome! Pfft... who cares about the part that was built in the 1960's though. :)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude