Hotel Seville in Springfield

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: RE: Hotel Seville in Springfield

Post by SandMan »

Willard wrote:The sign is the same sign, they just had it repaired and repainted and made it say lofts instead of hotel... I think it looks rediculous but oh well... they did the same thing with the gaileys sign too... Oh! A guy I know who is with the Knights of Pythias (as am I) said he was the last person to keep it open... him and old lady gailey's son kept it open and they thought they were keeping it open for each other and come to find out neither one wanted to keep running the place.
What's wrong with our sign?
J/K, I know the colors are a little...off.

Anyway you are right it is the some site and was put back up in the same place. It was taken down and painted and all the neon lighting was replaced. The Gaileys sign was done the same way only between the time it was taken down and the time it was put up the city put in new streetlights. We ended up moving it mountings.

White Rabbit, nice sign, I had forgotten all about this. I was one of the first members but I never posted.
Lets see those pictures.
I think your sticker is still on the downspout on the southeast corner. :D
Last edited by SandMan on Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

SandMan wrote:White Rabbit, nice sign, I had forgotten all about this. I was one of the first members but I never posted.

Lets see those pictures.
Yeah, I need to get those up. I'm doing a little redesign to the main part of the site, and I'm hoping to get the Seville pictures and a whole bunch of other stuff up immediately after.
I think your sticker is still on the downspout on the southeast corner. :D
THAT is fucking awesome :P
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Hotel Seville in Springfield

Post by Willard »

It's not the colours that I don't care for. The colours look fine. All I'm saying is if it were me, I'd keep the signs saying what they had always said... Hotel Seville and Gailey's Drugs... But then again, that's just me and the way I like to do things.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

Willard wrote:
It's not the colours that I don't care for. The colours look fine. All I'm saying is if it were me, I'd keep the signs saying what they had always said... Hotel Seville and Gailey's Drugs... But then again, that's just me and the way I like to do things.
:lol:
I just assumed it was the colors you were talking about, that what everone gave us crap about.

It would be nice to see those pictures again, I can no long get to them over at UER. :evil:
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

Sorry, one more post.

Willard, were did you find that copy of the postcard?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I bought the actual postcard on E-Bay. I have almost 100 postcards of Springfield now... though the Library Center has more... and the Missouri State Archives in Jefferson City have probably even more then the Library Center.

SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

Very cool, I'd seen a few of the Seville but I don't think I have ever seen that one.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Very cool, I'd seen a few of the Seville but I don't think I have ever seen that one.
That's very strange because the lobby postcard is the most common postcard of the Seville.

SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

Willard wrote:
That's very strange because the lobby postcard is the most common postcard of the Seville.
It is of the lobby, it's just not that one. I'm thinking it is a later one but I guess I really don't know.