Dogpatch - Sept. 2004 photos

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Spinner
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Dogpatch - Sept. 2004 photos

Post by Spinner »

All this talk about Dogpatch made me think back to almost 2 years ago when a buddy and I went over and did some exploring. I took quite a few photos and threw them on my site. Looking at these photos, then looking at the photos Gatsby posted from recent renovations, you can see the improvements.

Job well done to Gatsby and the crew there. Hopefully someday in the future I can go back over and see the improvements myself without having to sneak in.

Enjoy the pics, let me know what ya think.
http://www.chuckballphotos.com/images.d ... index.html
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Dogpatch - Sept. 2004 photos

Post by Gravefindr »

Thanks for sharing the photos. I don't normally condone trespassing but all the photos people have shared over the years of this once great place have certainly helped to keep alive so many wonderful memories for so many people. Its a shame that people can't be content to take only pictures when visiting such sites and feel they must destroy what remains. Your photos are some of the best and clearest I have seen. They certainly do show how far the clean up effort has come. Thanks again. :D
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: Dogpatch - Sept. 2004 photos

Post by slow_walker »

yeah dude, you must have an awesome camera. Do you use an SLR?
Last edited by slow_walker on Sat May 20, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

Those were some very high quality pictures. I was showing my oldest the picts of the Wild Water Rampage. She said "No way I'd ride that thing." I remember going up that thing and riding back down until I was too tired to move. Those yellow things were heavy to a 12 year old.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Spinner
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Spinner »

Nikon D70 digital SLR.
As for the trespassing, I don't condone it either. I called earlier that day and asked permission from the Boone County Sheriff's office and asked who I could call. They gave me a number to another guy (cant remember his name, but very nice man) that I called and I told him what my buddy and I would be driving that day and he told me where to park. I followed his instructions and did as he asked. We did some looking around, took a few pics, walked across that swinging bridge (what the F were we thinking?), and left without so much as leaving a trace. I'm a firm believer in leaving things the way you find them.

Wait til I throw up the photos from finding my great uncle's farm in Madison County. Lost for 20+ years, I found it late last fall and took some pics of the house, the barns, and the old moonshine still that still partially stands. Very creepy being up there in the hills, but really F'ing cool stuff up there.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Wow you climbed to the top of the slide, and walked on the swinging bridge?!?!? ... crazy

but great pics!
Dogpatch Expert
kc0uxr
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by kc0uxr »

I just moved here to Springfield from Harrison, AR. I actually live about 2 miles from Dogpatch USA on Hwy7 South. I was on the Rural Fire Dept. there & was able to go in & out of the park at will. I did ALOT of exploring there... If I can find them I have tons of pics of the park. Many from 70's to present day. I'll try to find them & either post a few or burn them to a CD to pass out if anyone would like them.
:?
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

OMG, I would love to have a CD of every single pic of the place you can possibly come up with. I would even pay for such a CD. That would be totally awesome if you are able to do that. Just let me know.

Is it done yet?

How bout now?

Now?

Damnit!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

slow_walker wrote:OMG, I would love to have a CD of every single pic of the place you can possibly come up with. I would even pay for such a CD. That would be totally awesome if you are able to do that. Just let me know.

Is it done yet?

How bout now?

Now?

Damnit!

How about now? :roll:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gravefindr »

Count me in for a CD.
:D
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

Is my CD done yet?

How bout now?

Is it done now?

It's gotta be finished now, right?

Aw, C'mon!
kc0uxr
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by kc0uxr »

I'll work on getting a CD of the Dogpatch pics. I'll post here when it is done! I am not sure about editing the pics (faces) since I had a legal duty to be in the park! (I was a Lieutenant on the Rural Fire District there)
But I WILL get it together!
Thanks!
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

okay, but can I periodically bug you anyway - just cause it's fun?
kc0uxr
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by kc0uxr »

Okay, I have found SOME of the pics... about 50.. should I just post the top ten or what?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

kc0uxr wrote:Okay, I have found SOME of the pics... about 50.. should I just post the top ten or what?
Yes. But PM me, because I'd love to get a hold of those others to put in the Dogpatch Gallery someday :)