Tunnel Under Central INfo

Urban exploration in Missouri
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Tunnel Under Central INfo

Post by Violent Ray »

Dose anyone have any information on the Central Tunnels Im Taking a Half a credit there to graduate this spring but i do have access to inside the school if nessesary.IVe herd that you can get in though the basement and at the church but i cant seem to find it. if anyone has any info it would be much apperceated
Lions and tigers and Vampire Tunnels Oh My!
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

More Info

Post by Violent Ray »

I Managed to Get a small info of under Central High School In Springfield,Mo There is Catacombs or one huge basement that connects though the Church and Central Any One else have any ideas
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Tunnel Under Central INfo

Post by White Rabbit »

I honestly don't know much about them, other than they exist. I've always been really leery of trying to explore them. As someone way above high school age, I would really, really, really hate to get caught trespassing there :P
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Tunnel Under Central INfo

Post by Violent Ray »

Hmm I found an opening over by The Juvinille Justice Center, behind it near the boys and girls club but they went towrds the Jail and though the allie Behind Boys and Girls Club Any Connection You think? Also Ive heard that you can get there from tunnels on Nickols and Brodway ive got pics of that tunnel but on my website ( in construction)
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Uhhh dude... isn't your page about Jordan creek pretty much stolen from WR's? Also try running a spell checker before uploading a webpage...
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Tunnel Under Central INfo

Post by Willard »

cobcob wrote:Uhhh dude... isn't your page about Jordan creek pretty much stolen from WR's? Also try running a spell checker before uploading a webpage...
I just looked at your site Violent Ray. Looks good so far and I'm not seeing how the Jordan Creek stuff has been copied from this site. I would like to point out however, that the official ownership of the Jordan Creek Tunnel running through downtown is under question right now. Frisco no longer exists, and hasn't existed since the 1960's when Burlington Norther bought them out, but they did build the whole tunnel, though be it in stages from the 1920's to the 1960's. I'm currently looking into this matter and seeing if the city had any tax dollars at work on the covering of Jordan creek between Boonville and Main in the 1920's as this area was where the flooding happened that prompted the covering of the creek in the first place. Also to point out that even though Frisco constructed the tunnle, it's not to say that they actually owned the property of the creek running through it, therefore it may have always been public property.

Due to the bastardliness of city officials sometimes when asking for records regarding pubilc funds being spent on projects, it may be a while before I can know all. I'm also sending an e-mail (again) to the assessor's office to see if they know who currently owns the tunnel.

Also no one should worry about getting "in trouble" for being in the Jordan Creek Tunnel. The cops don't care. If they did they'd be busting everyone who went down there. When the cops do (if they every do) go down there their looking for someone specific who's running from the law, or that their looking for a drug dealer they've been watching. If they come upon you, just act natural and do what they ask and be polite. If you're actually doing anything illegal in the tunnel they will bust you for what ever it is your doing but they won't slap a tresspassing charge on you.

What I worry about is comming upon any dangerous people in the tunnel... that's why I don't go alone.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Willard wrote:What I worry about is comming upon any dangerous people in the tunnel... that's why I don't go alone.
That's why I carry a rocket launcher in my pants.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Mindscape wrote:
Willard wrote:What I worry about is comming upon any dangerous people in the tunnel... that's why I don't go alone.
That's why I carry a rocket launcher in my pants.
You might try not doing that to dangerous people in the tunnel, they will probably leave you alone. Just use a sock or a towel or something.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

or you could use willards approach and talk about how there are dead bodies in the tunnel, or what the crap ever he was talking about that made me wish he'd zip his yap to the nearby lurking mr drug dealer :shock:
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I go alone all the time. But then, I work on the assumption that I am by far the most dangerous entity in the tunnel.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Are you asking about the catacombs under Central HS? If so, I've been there, but I can't exactly tell you how to get there... I was there for a speech tournament once in HS, and one of the things my friends and I would always do was explore the schools we visited, top to bottom. There were two interesting things in Central, if I remember correctly - the tunnels, and some kind of phantom stairway. The phantom stairway was located in a stairwell above the normal stairs, and didn't seem to go anywhere, though we did boost a guy up there to check it out. It was probably done away with in the renovations, anyway.

Now, the tunnels run directly under the main building, and were easily accessible by going through a janitor's closet in the basement level, at least at the time. Of course, this was like 5-6 years ago, but that's the best I can do.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Violent Ray »

Thanks Man i was looking in the bottom floor and there was a hatch at the far end of the hall i asked one of the teachers" what do you thinks under here" she replyed in a matter of a second " Nothing What are you still doing here anyway" . Theres also a really big Attic it is in the old building and is easly accessed by the big room ( i think its the sound room ) in the Aditoryum.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, a lot of schools will have weird stuff like that. My old HS had a whole auditorium up on the top floor that had basically been abandoned and cut up into classrooms. There was a stage and everything, and when I climbed up into the ceiling I found an old projection booth. There was basically a whole extra floor up there.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

They used to use the attic for class rooms before they built Parkview. The original part of Central that is on Jefferson and Central originally had the auditorium in it. I have a 1914 year book where they added on the third annex (the part at Central and Benton that matches the other side) and that was pretty cool to see... Central looks very different without that auditorium on the front of it!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Violent Ray »

Can Anyone Tell me What door In The PIt i need to go to get under central Ive Heard its In the Pit and In the Janitaers Closet Im really Anxtuios to find it